Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ludo wrote: »
    And thats it for cork...10 mins of wet stuff that melted on impact. All over folks. We've had our snow.

Ludo your pessimism is not welcome on this thread!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

leahyl wrote: »
    Got heavier in the last minute or so and it looks like it's sticking! But it's prob only a passing shower i'd say??

Still i am HAPPY:)

Delighted for you Leahyl ! You've been so patient while the rest of the country was getting snow !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snow flurries here in north east Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Not a bit in the south inner city, im actually looking at the sun as i type, which funny enough is impressive.....i spend too much time on the pc

*walks away degraded*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

dacogawa wrote: »
    The cloud seems to be holding up a bit better now coming across the land on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Have you changed your mind at all on chances of snow in Dublin today ?

Unfortunately my mind doesn't impact on the weather outlook!

I was saying what the weather model output said.

At this point i still don't know, perhaps a few cms later tonight if this low pushes into the Irish sea and has a more intense circulation that forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Ludo your pessimism is not welcome on this thread!!:p

Just about to leave for a 12 pubs around Barrack Street...I don't fancy trying to get around after 11/12 pints tonight if it has been snowing for a few hours...so it better not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Are the rest of my provincial snow lovers watching what is about to hit the north coast !!!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

And thats it for cork...10 mins of wet stuff that melted on impact. All over folks. We've had our snow.

Keep the faith, there is more cloud rolling in. It is just the left overs from Kerry, but enough leftovers will soon make a feast :)

Just look at the radar for 14:30 big blob heading our way :)

http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Since the snow flurries I last reported the snow has become moderately heavy and is sticking to everything in sight. Place is white already!

Snow, Snow, SNOW :D:D:D

Just about to leave for a 12 pubs around Barrack Street...I don't fancy trying to get around after 11/12 pints tonight if it has been snowing for a few hours...so it better not :D

Ya good luck with that!:p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Dublin City Centre is freezing! No snow yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Is there any chance of Limerick getting some snow today?

Tactical wrote: »
    Since the snow flurries I last reported the snow has become moderately heavy and is sticking to everything in sight. Place is white already!

Snow, Snow, SNOW :D:D:D

Tactical where exactly are you again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ellieh1 wrote: »

Only if I dont wash my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

irish1967 wrote: »
    Are the rest of my provincial snow lovers watching what is about to hit the north coast !!!!!!:D:D:D
    Linky!!

Really coming down here in Leitrim, and it's the proper thick heavy stuff too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Light snow all morning, scattered. Coming down fast now and its sticking. North Kerry West limerick area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

The gulls are back again they were around before the last snow and there here again so thats my little bit of hope anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Linky!!

Really coming down here in Leitrim, and it's the proper thick heavy stuff too ;)
    http://raintoday.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Proper snow in Galway at last! Like sheep falling from the sky.

Snow is falling around me....

...but not on me :)

Well now it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Oh look. Its still sunny in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dev_lee

Would anyone have an idea if snow will reach Kildare/Carlow before 6pm as I don't fancy driving home from work in the snow (from Naas to Carlow Town).

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Taken 5 minutes ago in South Leitrim, shows how heavy the snow is :D

imgp3089h.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 banSHE

no real heavy snow out the east side of galway county 2day but roads are just lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Getting lighter again now - although was looking at that sat24 radar thing (or whatever its called!) and it looks like there's more showers on the way!!

Take a picture of the flakes before they disappear!!! You can show them to your grandchildren!!

ellieh1 wrote: »

Absolutely not.

The way my big toe has been itching all day suggests that the only snow fall in the area will be in the county. Sorry. If the itching stops I'm sure that the city may get some ;):p:D

Still snowing in West Limerick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

dev_lee wrote: »
    Would anyone have an idea if snow will reach Kildare/Carlow before 6pm as I don't fancy driving home from work in the snow (from Naas to Carlow Town).

Thanks!!

I believe there's a risk allright, about 50%. There's heavy snow shower formation heading that direction, it may dissipate on its way but may not. Areas further north are at a greatest risk.

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Take a picture of the flakes before they disappear!!! You can show them to your grandchildren!!

*** Hands ffarrell a hat to eat***

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Taken 5 minutes ago in South Leitrim, shows how heavy the snow is :D

Nice pic, love those pancake sized flakes :)

• Advertisement

ffarrell7 wrote: »

I don't know where the notion that Cork never gets snow came from, we will hopefully be on the right side for a full on frontal battle with mild weather trying to beat away the cold producing huge amounts of snow :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement