Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Take a picture of the flakes before they disappear!!! You can show them to your grandchildren!!

i don't think i've ever come across somebody so obsessed with cork from outside the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Take a picture of the flakes before they disappear!!! You can show them to your grandchildren!!

Well at this rate my grandchildren will be seeing a lot more snow in years to come with the bad winters we're getting now!! It's a sign of things to come i tell you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well maybe?

Next few hours shall be very interesting, we will know more soon.

potential.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Just started snowing gently in Kilmallock, Co Limerick......:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yes very light snow in claregalway roads are brutal n17 not good at all looks quite safe but car crashed near house there a while ago, no injuries i think but one car a lot of damage on it, didnt hear a thing was too busy looking on this site!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

If Cork City gets more than 2 cm of lying snow by morning then I will eat my hat!! I am that confident it won't!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Light snow again in bishopstown, cork!

If Cork City gets more than 2 cm of lying snow by morning then I will eat my hat!! I am that confident it won't!!:D:D

Seriously who are you?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Heaviest shower of the day here right now.. and longest so far... its getting serious up here now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Heavy fluffy white stuff falling out in Ballincollig, gets hats ready :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Lashing snow in Ballincollig Co. Cork like ye know boi............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Thats some proper snow for cork at last..like:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

A good inch has fallen here in the past 30 minutes, looks like there's more on the way. Loving it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

irish1967 wrote: »
    Heaviest shower of the day here right now.. and longest so far... its getting serious up here now. :D

at least its light enough for the street lights to go off now

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

whats the chances of dublin getting snow this evening from 6 o clock onwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Nothing here yet - but the skies are very dark and grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Big dirty black cloud hanging over Claregalway...let rip ya bastard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

chris2007 wrote: »

75% in my opinion, which may differ from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Winger_PL wrote: »
    75% in my opinion, which may differ from others.

Alrite cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The forcast was downcasted, then upcasted, then downcasted again, they will know more in about 15 /20 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Very heavy Snow in Galway - heaviest its been so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

sillybird wrote: »
    Very heavy Snow in Galway - heaviest its been so far :D
    What part what part WHAT PART???

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Looks like Cork, and west Limerick are now in the firing line from showers picking up over the Shannon Estuary looking at the radar. If they hold there strength should move right over Cork with NW winds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

irish1967 wrote: »

How much have you got there now?

We've had light to moderate snow constantly for the past hour, normally I wouldnt complain about that but good heavy snow would be great again now. Looking at raintoday theres some really serious looking snow on the way soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Watching the satellite images on both UK Met Office and raintoday.co.uk all the showers coming from the NW towards the East seem to be dying off over Louth.....
    Am I mis-interpreting this? Does anyone know if they are dying off? If so, is there a meterological reason why?

as I wrote that the temp climbed from below freezing to plus 0.4 in the last 30 mins......and my weather station is flashing SNOW!!

Heavy snow has yet to reach the city from Ballincollig - i feel it is coming - seriously snowy sky:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not so much as a flake here in Kildare :(
    Pretty cloudy and freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

leahyl wrote: »
    Heavy snow has yet to reach the city from Ballincollig - i feel it is coming - seriously snowy sky:D

Yet to reach Bishopstown either leahyl!! Just seems to be drizzle with a few flakes here and there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

The snow is scheduled for Dublin at 6.08pm this evening. I've checked and am assured it will be delivered exactly on time providing the gang in Cork don't take too much of since they don't see too much of it :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Yes wally it looks full of snow! very dark blues and greys claregalway to get a lashing soon me thinks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement