Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭kegg

Heavy snow again here! DANG IT! Stopping again!
    Is this "weather" going to stay moving southeastwards over night? Looks like castlebar will miss the main stuff! Again! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yet to reach Bishopstown either leahyl!! Just seems to be drizzle with a few flakes here and there :(

Ya i'm pretty near Bishopstown - its gets a little heavier, then lighter again, then heavier......you get the picture:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

getting very dark outside! here is hoping...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Out Corofin side...I hear the City is getting heavy Snow also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Yes wally it looks full of snow! very dark blues and greys claregalway to get a lashing soon me thinks
    In normal circumstances it'd be lashing rain by now but it's doing everything it can not to snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Big dirty black cloud hanging over Claregalway...let rip ya bastard!!

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Watching the satellite images on both UK Met Office and raintoday.co.uk all the showers coming from the NW towards the East seem to be dying off over Louth.....
    Am I mis-interpreting this? Does anyone know if they are dying off? If so, is there a meterological reason why?

showers are fueled by the warm sea, the longer they are over land the more they die and fade away so, east is least west is best in a NW wind, opposite of course in an easterly wind

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Yet to reach Bishopstown either leahyl!! Just seems to be drizzle with a few flakes here and there :(

Head out window...opens mouth and catches some white stuff falling from the sky......I can confirm it is indeed snow still falling.

TOUCHDOWN! Coming down heavy in Claregalway now!

• Advertisement

premiercad wrote: »
    showers are fueled by the warm sea, the longer they are over land the more they die and fade away so, east is least west is best in a NW wind, opposite of course in an easterly wind

You have got to love convection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Registered Users Posts: 16 doogydna

Just starting in Ennis! Bring it on... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Harps wrote: »
    How much have you got there now?

We've had light to moderate snow constantly for the past hour, normally I wouldnt complain about that but good heavy snow would be great again now. Looking at raintoday theres some really serious looking snow on the way soon :D
    Yeah looks like that front is gonna hit you but looking at the radar i think it will be just a little to far east to clip me here... measure snow on car roof before last shower and we had just over 4 inches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

JPA wrote: »
    Well it is Iceland.
    Thats why mommas go to iceland

JPA wrote: »
    Well it is Iceland.

I was there in the Summer and can confirm they are mad and actually like this weather more than us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Spindle wrote: »
    Looks like Cork, and west Limerick are now in the firing line from showers picking up over the Shannon Estuary looking at the radar. If they hold there strength should move right over Cork with NW winds :)

Still snowing over West Limerick. Not melting either. Traffic has stopped now. Although it better travel now rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Spindle wrote: »
    I was there in the Summer and can confirm they are mad and actually like this weather more than us :)

light sprinkle here - but nothing much yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I hate to say that there are small pockets of blue sky appearing - NOOOOO!! But hopefully the snow laden skies will win out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

hooray great snow in claregalway keep it up clouds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

sillybird wrote: »
    Out Corofin side...I hear the City is getting heavy Snow also

Only started snowing just now in the city, SFA on the ground at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Heavier snow now in galway:D

Very heavy now. Nice breeze with it. Big flakes and ground getting covered up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Well lads just a bit of an update from across the water (20 miles from Holyhead). It has been snowing non stop since 2am. Over a foot has fallen so far and showing no sign of letting up. I had to drive into town today (Bangor) and it was incredibly dangerous - no grit or ploughs on the road at all. I have to get a ferry at 2am tomorrow morning and I have to leave now to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

Lovely lovely snow - about 20cms here, light snow shower at the minute and heavy clouds.

Just finished work for the weekend. A few of the local kids are outside playing so I think a snowball fight is about the happen.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Very heavy now. Nice breeze with it. Big flakes and ground getting covered up fast.

You in Claregalway Wally? Is is the fist snow shower there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Nice heavy snow now falling in the Kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Whoo Hoooo....nice heavy snow here for the past hour or so :D:D:D

sillybird wrote: »
    You in Claregalway Wally? Is is the fist snow shower there?
    Yeah 1st proper 1 today and it's epic! Massive flakes now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Heavy snow showers in Athlone on and off sice 1pm ish. Lovely covering on ground.:D:):D:)
    Roads deadly dangerous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement