Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The main thing at this time is there doesnt appear to be any fronts which will mean we will be relying on shower strength to get them over to the east which is a big ask.

We want to see some frontal development.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Rougies wrote: »
    Looking at the radar, that big blob split in two, with the city center right in the middle I'm afraid. Looks like there'll be more in the next few hours though.

i saw that earlier. oh well theres more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rougies wrote: »
    Looking at the radar, that big blob split in two, with the city center right in the middle I'm afraid. Looks like there'll be more in the next few hours though.

Thank rougies - I'm just not meant to get proper snow I think:( (you'd swear I was the only person in cork city!)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

dacogawa wrote: »
    Have a look at this, i think it might be a bit longer (thanks to OPR for image)

low.png

our polar low looks like its just of iceland in that pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

the snow's on again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

What about Dublin West? Will it miss us too?

I was talking about Cork City. Dublin won't get missed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

No I dnt think so - raining in city centre
    Isn't that the 11th commandment:
    Thou shall not snow in Cork City :p

Something I've noticed the last few weeks of this cold spell, everytime I pass Douglas on the SouthLink the temp reading in my car goes up a degree !!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Harps wrote: »
    Holy crap this is getting unbelievable, heavy blizzard for the past hour, looking at raintoday theres no end in sight, theres a constant stream of snow for probably the next hour and a half :eek:

FFS, that's it, you're going on my ignore list :mad: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Just started to snow in Limerick city.... happy days!!:D:D
    Temp 0.5 Very dark sky, could be in for a fun night with heavy showers rolling in from the w/nw.

I'm down the Dock Road and not a Dickie Bird!!!!!

Also rougies you say that we'll get more in a few hrs but does the already wet ground have any effect on whether it stays on the ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Light snow flurry in Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Holy crap this is getting unbelievable, heavy blizzard for the past hour, looking at raintoday theres no end in sight, theres a constant stream of snow for probably the next hour and a half :eek:

how much do you have on the ground now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Cushtie wrote: »

6 inches of snow here since 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Come on ya boy ya

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

leahyl wrote: »
    Also rougies you say that we'll get more in a few hrs but does the already wet ground have any effect on whether it stays on the ground?

the temperature does. last night the ground was very wet, but once the temperature dropped a half degree the snow started sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

Cushtie wrote: »

nah, stopped a while ago, we can hope for more..:pac:

Big clouds in the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The back garden and a close up of the large flower pot beside the oil tank. It's still snowing here (Boyle)

the temperature does. last night the ground was very wet, but once the temperature dropped a half degree the snow started sticking.

Thanks for that nacho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

that is bizarre...my husband just texted me from shop that it has started here and just very cloudy and cold in our D8 garden! I think I am going to go into meltdown myself any minute...have cancelled major travel plans and am all stocked up for the end of the world!!

think I will have to open the wine....

patience is the key here. apparently according to accuweather, we're supposed to get a lashing tomorrow evening/night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

nah, stopped a while ago, we can hope for more..:pac:

Big clouds in the distance

Once I get home to west Limerick in about an hour it can belt away down:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hello clear skies... :(
    Barely a cloud in the sky at Dublin Airport (well there are a few fluffy 'yokes'). Hoping for something over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I think if you get a decent shower it should stay on the ground. If it;s too light it'll probably melt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

how much do you have on the ground now?

13cm around the back now, ruler is too small to measure the grass :p

I must upgrade to the 30cm one next time I go out

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

13cm around the back now, ruler is too small to measure the grass :p

I must upgrade to the 30cm one next time I go out

show off lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

The main thing at this time is there doesnt appear to be any fronts which will mean we will be relying on shower strength to get them over to the east which is a big ask.

We want to see some frontal development.

Yes. Not looking good for Louth, Meath, Dublin etc at the moment. Looking at the Rain Today radar the showers just seem to be crumbling as they reach the midlands and south Ulster. If no frontal activity occurs gonna need an easterly and the Irish Sea to help out the East.

Just on the northside now and there is a light covering of snow over the fields and footpaths and rooves! I was on the southside all day and nothing so it seems the northside may be better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

MC/BB, whats the forecast ( been out all day & dont have the energy to trawl through pages of nonsense). Are we still in the firing line tonight - cant make head nor tale of any of the charts - Are they on the pub run early ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Here's the link for anyone who wants to listen to M.T. Cranium on Today FM at 5pm

http://www.todayfm.com/LivePlayer.aspx

• Advertisement

Just on the northside now and there is a light covering of snow over the fields and footpaths and rooves! I was on the southside all day and nothing so it seems the northside may be better!!

but of course:D

although west cork is getting a nice dusting, by the looks of the clouds passing by

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement