Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Getting a pain in my Hoop waiting for this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

How do you get split screen?

Cause Windows 7 was his idea !! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

oh dear god we are about to get hammered.. massive shower incoming

http://raintoday.co.uk

:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

amen wrote: »
    Loads of snow in Athenry. Loads of big soft flakes for the last 60 mins. Approx 5cm

You won't get much of an accumilation there, if the song is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

AT LAST!!!!!! snowing in NW lusk, north co. dublin :D:D:D

ye lucky bugger ! :D nothing here yet but that gives me hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Screenshot2010-12-17at200341.png

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Winger_PL wrote: »
    beerboards.jpg

;)

Wish I had a camera to show off my 90 cans, 3 bottles of wine and ~6 litres of spirits. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Uh Oh, electricity went out for a few minutes here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Finally snowing in Limerick. About f**king time.

Only just snowing in Herbertstown? I'm in Kilmallock, Co Limerick, so not too far from you and it's been snowing (heavy showers/light showers) since about 4pm....:D About 2 Inches lying on my wheelie bin now!

Amazing the difference a few miles makes!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Winger_PL wrote: »
    beerboards.jpg

;)

that is one sexy laptop. WANT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Just want to say snowing here since 4 pm nonstop 15cm so far. Happy for the guys in Cork.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

gbee wrote: »
    Total over bleedin reaction tbh. I'm mad actually. It's not a big event.

Not really have you seen the precipitation levels for the north of the country, and yes it is a big event its snowing in cork city:D, go way ya troll and stick your head in the snow and cool off gowl bag :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

733 following this thread now.............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

SnowY32 wrote: »
    Not really have you seen the precipitation levels for the north of the country, and yes it is a big event its snowing in cork city:D, go way ya troll and stick your head in the snow and cool off gowl bag :p

HahA Long time since i heard that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had to go and do the weekly shop there.
    Went to Lidl in Lucan and then up to Superquinn and then down into the village.
    A very light dusting of snow on all the footpaths and on edges/less-travelled areas of the roads.
    Roads are still in good condition though but once the traffic eases off a bit and we get another shower or two, the roads will turn treacherous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Warning to the people of Cork ...

As soon as that shower stops, prepare for serious withdrawal symptoms and possibly severe side-effects. Welcome to the cruel world of snow addiction :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Was just about to post another pic of my ruler in the snow but its started bucketing down yet again so think I'll wait until it stops :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

We've had 4 flakes of snow here.

Overall the system seems to have toned down abit.

The best hope for the east, it shunts south, winds fling east ;)

Have to say, not feeling very positive at all for snow in Dublin city or county... Just a gut feeling...

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

wheres our snow for kilkenny thought this was going to be hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Rougies wrote: »

As soon as that shower stops, prepare for serious withdrawal symptoms and possibly severe side-effects. Welcome to the cruel world of snow addiction :D

Rougies .fair dews to you ....you called it earlier , maybe 2 hours ago !! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Captain the Dublin shields seem to be slowly failing!

come on give in, pretty please (snow dance, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It stopped for about 5 minutes while ago there and I was 'WTF! Where is it?!' so I know exactly what you mean.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Heroditas wrote: »
    Had to go and do the weekly shop there.
    Went to Lidl in Lucan and then up to Superquinn and then down into the village.
    A very light dusting of snow on all the footpaths and on edges/less-travelled areas of the roads.
    Roads are still in good condition though but once the traffic eases off a bit and we get another shower or two, the roads will turn treacherous.

mate from what I have read of MT's update their has been a big downgrade nothing big going to happen this weekend unless later in the week!,seems it was all blown out of proportion earlier in the week but hey that's how it goes!

maybe next week!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Looks like Dublin might get 1-2cms from the next shower, lost most of its intensity but has not broken up. Will hit about 9ish...hopefully won't veer away as winds are now W

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

leahyl wrote: »
    It stopped for about 5 minutes while ago there and I was 'WTF! Where is it?!' so I know exactly what you mean.....:D

It helps if you take a photo from your window and put it as your desktop background ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

channaigh wrote: »
    wheres our snow for kilkenny thought this was going to be hugh

im in tipp nothing here either.. thought we were goin to get a nice shot of snow by now...:(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Does it look to anyone that the wind is shifting ever so slightly from a kind of nw direction to Nww?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

For Corkonians amongst us, I could honestly see 6 or 7 more inches of snow through the night. THis could leave us all stranded in our homes until after Christmas, IT'S THAT SERIOUS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

As soon as that shower stops, prepare for serious withdrawal symptoms and possibly severe side-effects. :D

It's only an inch of the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 solasame

I'm right on the coast, sandwiched between Cobh and Crosshaven and cannot believe the size of the snowflakes.. we got an amazing covering here in Currabinny.

God bless you, snowlord.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement