Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

patneve2 wrote: »
    Looks like Dublin might get 1-2cms from the next shower, lost most of its intensity but has not broken up. Will hit about 9ish...hopefully won't veer away as winds are now W

that'll do nicely

for now (muahahahghakqle)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

not a flake or even hint of a flake in kildare town area - yippee

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Only just snowing in Herbertstown? I'm in Kilmallock, Co Limerick, so not too far from you and it's been snowing (heavy showers/light showers) since about 4pm....:D About 2 Inches lying on my wheelie bin now!

Amazing the difference a few miles makes!

probably less than a centimetre here. I can't decide between my inner child and the fact I have an exam tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

I was out there just a few minutes ago and it was snowing in Dublin 12. Grounds and roads are lightly dusted white, bin lids and car tops etc. Seems to have stopped now but it's bitterly cold outside! I think it's only starting tbh!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

NIALL D wrote: »
    im in tipp nothing here either.. thought we were goin to get a nice shot of snow by now...:(:confused:

heres hoping for sunday i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Digestives , muller corner yogurt and an ice cream ha :)
    139872.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

For Corkonians amongst us, I could honestly see 6 or 7 more inches of snow through the night. THis could leave us all stranded in our homes until after Christmas, IT'S THAT SERIOUS!!

Ah feck off ;) I'm sick with jealousy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

For Corkonians amongst us, I could honestly see 6 or 7 more inches of snow through the night. THis could leave us all stranded in our homes until after Christmas, IT'S THAT SERIOUS!!

Ok calm yourself now! Might be exaggerating just slightlythere.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

gbee wrote: »
    It's only an inch of the stuff.

Easily enough to start an addiction, gowl bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

solasame wrote: »
    I'm right on the coast, sandwiched between Cobh and Crosshaven and cannot believe the size of the snowflakes.. we got an amazing covering here in Currabinny.

God bless you, snowlord.

I was told this morning in this thread it's actually "snowgoddess"...get your facts right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Digestives , muller corner yogurt and an ice cream ha :)
    139872.JPG

I have a blankie, my laptop and popcorn I Win :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Cork Airport advises incoming Aer Lingus of 18mm of snow on runway.

Pilot is fine with that,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

leahyl wrote: »

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

drinking - lamp post watching - rain today watching -drinking - F5 - F5 - drinking - turn light off inside - family think ive gone nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

leahyl wrote: »

If JS did 'exaggerating' it probably would be the best exaggerating in the world. Where's Matty and darkman?? - there's a thin veil of cloud heading your way later:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

channaigh wrote: »
    heres hoping for sunday i suppose

SUNDAY, the snow will extend into the inland southeast and may at times reach Dublin and Wicklow, with winds continuing mainly easterly and highs of about -2 C. Snowfall potential with this disturbance about 5-12 cms with the larger amounts likely to be around Carlow and Kilkenny. The north may be dry with some sunshine breaking through higher cloud, but there would be a slight risk of snow showers there too.

From MT Cranium's latest forecast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

mate from what I have read of MT's update their has been a big downgrade nothing big going to happen this weekend unless later in the week!,seems it was all blown out of proportion earlier in the week but hey that's how it goes!

maybe next week!:o

Well so long as it then stays away until Tuesday, I'll be a very happy camper.
    It can do what it wants after that - I'll be in "lockdown mode" by then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Where is this possible snow on the radar januarysnowstor? Looks quiet enough to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

inabina wrote: »
    drinking - lamp post watching - rain today watching -drinking - F5 - F5 - drinking - turn light off inside - family think ive gone nuts

HaHa :D;) LOL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just out from an exam in the RDS . . . was expecting a covering of snow. Bah! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

kids outside here in east cork making snow men. its a good size, there must be more snow than i thought! feel like waking my own small fella to go out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just out from an exam in the RDS . . . was expecting a covering of snow. Bah! :D

Ya, was beginning to fall when i was leaving there at 5. Have another one at 9 in the morning, hope i can get out to it! (even though i havent seen a flake here all night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 solasame

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I was told this morning in this thread it's actually "snowgoddess"...get your facts right!

Oh that skank.. yeah. woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

RJC09 wrote: »
    kids outside here in east cork making snow men. its a good size, there must be more snow than i thought! feel like waking my own small fella to go out!
    Snow in Corkkkkk!!!!! must be the smallest snowmannn in Oirelanddd!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

heaviest shower of the day:D:D:D:D.. lets see how far inland this one gets.. watch out Dublin.. here it comes !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Well done Cork on your snow. I'm glad you got it as there were a few in here banging on about Cork will never get snow. I think you know who i'm talking about ;) Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Still tipping it down in Castlebar so had to get this fella built after I got home from work! I'snt snow great! :D

3092_12700602054d0bc7de1dfc1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Snow in Corkkkkk!!!!! must be the smallest snowmannn in Oirelanddd!:D:D:D
    it may very well be, but after the pathetic dust we got last time, we think its fan-fecking-tastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ya, was beginning to fall when i was leaving there at 5. Have another one at 9 in the morning, hope i can get out to it! (even though i havent seen a flake here all night)

Be sure to check your emails in the morning before leaving - assessment office sent out one earlier saying that exams were proceeding, but students should keep an eye on their emails to ensure no cancellations occur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Lads anyone know what's with the huge straight band emanating from Cork here? Seen it before too, is it because it's using a Cork based radar station and this is some glitch or something?

corkc.png

Looks like we have a break from the snow atm too :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement