Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Still tipping it down in Castlebar so had to get this fella built after I got home from work! I'snt snow great! :D

3092_12700602054d0bc7de1dfc1.jpg

ah will ya at least give him a can! put it in his hand and take another pic....

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

irish1967 wrote: »
    heaviest shower of the day:D:D:D:D.. lets see how far inland this one gets.. watch out Dublin.. here it comes !!

Really?!?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Some shops are reopening in MP. Locals will know how bad traffic is here at the best of times, well there are all stuck now.

As the joke goes, people are going nowhere anyway.

Skehard Road at a standstill, can't move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I'm living in the North West of county Cork and I've never seen such heavy snow about! Freemount,Kanturk and Newmarket are no go areas! Had to abandon my car down the road from my house,I couldn't make it up the hill,the first time ever that's happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Snow in Corkkkkk!!!!! must be the smallest snowmannn in Oirelanddd!:D:D:D

Why are you so pedantic in relation to snow in cork, You never stop going on about it and it gets really tiresome even more so than you bangin on about how much snow dublin gets every chance you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Come on snow come to Dublin please :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Redisle wrote: »
    Lads anyone know what's with the huge straight band emanating from Cork here? Seen it before too, is it because it's using a Cork based radar station and this is some glitch or something?

Looks like we have a break from the snow atm too :(

It's called an anaprop, basically a glitch in the radar data. that radar is at shannon airport btw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomalous_propagation#Radar

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

baraca wrote: »
    Why are you so pedantic in relation to snow in cork, You never stop going on about it and it gets really tiresome even more so than you bangin on about how much snow dublin gets every chance you get.

Cos it doesnt usually snow in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Was out shopping, but when I came back out it was evident that there'd been a teeny-tiny bit of snow out here in D15. Gave a light dusting. Freeezing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Posted on the current conditions thread:

15cm outside my door here, would be 20cm in the fields.

Never seen anything like this here 2 weeks ago or end of last year/beginning of this year. Would be easily double what we got then, so I'm a happy camper, exceeded my expectations easily. smile.gifbiggrin.gif

Convoy, East Donegal.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Redisle wrote: »
    Lads anyone know what's with the huge straight band emanating from Cork here? Seen it before too, is it because it's using a Cork based radar station and this is some glitch or something?

corkc.png

Looks like we have a break from the snow atm too :(

According to the ME radar site, it's a glitch on the weather radar caused by a WiFi system. they happen in several places. Been wondering if they are also contributing to Cork's Snow Shield :D

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Stuck TAXIs want the emergency gates opened to relieve traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Come on snow come to Dublin please :o

It has already snowed in Dublin!!! Dublin 15:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 UpDonegal

Must be nearly a foot of snow now in Letterkenny eek.gif Never seen snow as bad in my lifetime! And more snow showers forcast until 6am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

inabina wrote: »
    ah will ya at least give him a can! put it in his hand and take another pic....

I gave the poor little fella a bottle of Becks, he said he likes them chilled...Damn I never asked him for I.d!

3092_13994708814d0bcb4f2301a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Ah God I miss the regional threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

gbee wrote: »
    Stuck TAXIs want the emergency gates opened to relieve traffic.
    are you stuck there? sounds really bad. do you think its just a matter of everyone panicking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

We've had a good 15cm here, never seen the road as quiet, no ones going anywhere!!

Can we expect much more snow in North West overnight?? Judging by the radar there is some more to come in the next couple of hours but I haven't a clue about later tonight.

If we do get more then the JCB will be busy tomorrow!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

that big streamer off cork is interference ...

Bit off topic ... but a good song to watch the snow falling with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Greenmotors

Lads, are we going to get snow in wexford at all? If so can anyone perdicked when?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Sky is clearing again over Cork, a good base down for the night now, hopefully with more to come.

RJC09 wrote: »
    are you stuck there? sounds really bad. do you think its just a matter of everyone panicking?

Ambulance stuck in Fairfield Avenue and being pelted by snowballs. Road actually not so bad but cars abandoned.

Panic certainly, overreaction as I mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    It has already snowed in Dublin!!! Dublin 15:D:D:D

Dublin 12 also.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Ambulance stuck in Fairfield Avenue and being pelted by snowballs. Road actually not so bad but cars abandoned.

How many flakes have fallen Corkie???:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

can't believe we r missing out on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

little S***s. sorry, i didnt see your earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Very light snow shower in Malahide now. Won't last long though, judging by the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is south dublin covered by a snubble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

24cm and counting :D

photo0205t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 solasame

sdonn wrote: »
    Very light snow shower in Malahide now. Won't last long though, judging by the radar.

Are you looking at the rainfall radar on met.ie or somewhere else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement