Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

duckysauce wrote: »
    was that a wheelie bin ?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Greenmotors

Still have roads like ploughed fields from the last snow, the fun has gone out of it for me. just hopeing it passes Wexford this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

For anyone wanting snow, there is plenty on my driveway and estate road. Come and get it! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Barely a flake in D5/D17. So light it's hardly worth mentioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Sorry, but I haven't read all the posts as there are thousands! Is there snow forecast for northside dublin tonight/tomorrow or sunday? I'm frozen tonight...and have plans to drive out of dublin both tomorrow and sunday..appreciate if someone could let me know, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Blizzard conditions again in Castlebar....:eek: Looking at the radar there is a band running from Achill island right up to Antrim and Scotland, this one could push well inland now and give lots of snow for everyone south and east of this line...
    I want a blizzard in crossmolina :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

You won't get much of an accumilation there, if the song is anything to go by.
    about 5cm now. I'm at 80m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

smokin ace wrote: »
    with all the pictures of cans and talk of drink i think some snow watchers here might end up having a small drink problem by the end of the winter

Lishen my drinking started back in January and the snow then, along with my addiction to Boards!!!!
    Ah what the heck, it's Cwismassssss (almost) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

solasame wrote: »
    How do you know this?

I need to know because I'm heavily pregnant, living in the sticks and partner is at xmas party in the city.

Hear them on the scanner, Fire Service report very bad roads. But the roads are not really so bad but a lot a minor accidents and roads blocked by abandoned cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

Still have roads like ploughed fields from the last snow, the fun has gone out of it for me. just hopeing it passes Wexford this time

BLASPHEMER!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

a bit disappointed with RTEs coverage of the snow. i suppose there is only so much they can say, but would have liked a bit more info on the situation around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

How do you know this?

I need to know because I'm heavily pregnant, living in the sticks and partner is at xmas party in the city.

96fm, stay tuned there and you will get all the updates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

How do you know this?

According to Buseireann website updated at 21.00 buses are running in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Big flakes falling down now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

RJC09 wrote: »
    a bit disappointed with RTEs coverage of the snow. i suppose there is only so much they can say, but would have liked a bit more info on the situation around the country.

You wanted them to show the "Cork" snow...

Didn't you?

I know you did! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Lishen my drinking started back in January and the snow then, along with my addiction to Boards!!!!
    Ah what the heck, it's Cwismassssss (almost) :)

thats the spirit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

If it isn't a Winter Wonderland by the time I wake up tomorrow ****'s gon' down

you couldnt expect much more form Ciaran Moooooley.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Country?

What country?

They only know Dublin. (and currently it's not really snowing there, now is it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Greenmotors

Maybe when i finish up work i might get back into the spirit of it all, the gritters my just make it up my road this time. thats what i want for Christmas!!!

• Advertisement

foxinsox wrote: »
    You wanted them to show the "Cork" snow...

Didn't you?

I know you did! :p

yeah, i did. :o or even kerry!! i cant see enough out my window! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dodgydes

yay, its starting in east meath now. i LOVE sn:Dw!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

96fm, stay tuned there and you will get all the updates

Please don't use this as a reference. They are the worst for reporting anything ~ except for PJ Coogan's live reports ~ anything you hear from anyone else will be made up buzz words ~ plus any *news* will usually be old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

eastbono wrote: »
    According to Buseireann website updated at 21.00 buses are running in cork

96fm has all the news, and no buses after 9:15 and none at all to northside already. Also all taxis closed

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

not one flake in wex town.... the moon looks nice in the sky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Two snow flakes to fall in D4 and it is a major news story, trumping even the meltdown of our economy, ten feet of snow and starvation in some where like Mayo or Kerry would get 30 seconds of coverage using archived material and probably a telephone interview with Jim Fahy or Pascal Sheehy from the effected locations.

If it didn't happen within the M50 it is not news worthy to RTE.

peasant wrote: »
    Country?

What country?

They only know Dublin. (and currently it's not really snowing there, now is it?)

i was going to say that, but didnt want to stir anything up. felt that when it was dublin at a stand still they couldnt fit it all into the half hour, but now they arent seeing any they dont really care. :rolleyes:

peasant wrote: »
    Country?

What country?

where the majority of the population live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

If dublin had the snow that letterkenny has now i can guarantee the first ten minutes of the news would have been about the weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

OMG OMG!! Lightest snow falling in D13!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement