Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

gbee wrote: »
    Please don't use this as a reference. They are the worst for reporting anything ~ except for PJ Coogan's live reports ~ anything you hear from anyone else will be made up buzz words ~ plus any *news* will usually be old.

I have to disagree and find them very informative
    They are reading out live texts and friends reports from out there are the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

great, snowing in north meath, just what i needed when i live up on a big hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

They are reading out live texts and friends reports from out there are the same

TAXI's are still running, I'm listening to them taking calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Wind is shifting more Northerly now again and leaving Cork dry
    All models showed snow over Cork late tonight, will they be accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

There is something about snow that gives you a sense of peace and serenity as it falls.

Its so quiet when its falling, you can almost hear the flakes hitting the ground.

I love it for a change, god knows we get enough rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Fittle wrote: »
    Sorry, but I haven't read all the posts as there are thousands! Is there snow forecast for northside dublin tonight/tomorrow or sunday? I'm frozen tonight...and have plans to drive out of dublin both tomorrow and sunday..appreciate if someone could let me know, thanks
    Yes. You'll be going nowhere according to the forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

96fm has all the news, and no buses after 9:15 and none at all to northside already. Also all taxis closed

I bow to your knowledge bus eireann have now updated again... city services finishing at 21.15 but county services appear to be running:)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dodgydes

great, snowing in north meath, just what i needed when i live up on a big hill.

Two words: snow socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

inabina wrote: »
    where the majority of the population live.

1.1 million in dublin, over 4.3 in ireland . . .thats not most.

arrogance . . .:rolleyes:

irishdub14 wrote: »
    OMG OMG!! Lightest snow falling in D13!!

omg omg omg should you not be in D4 loike? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Dublin had up to 30-40 centimetres last week in places (50-70 higher up) and Dublin 15 had up to 20 centimetres. Cork has what 1-2 cm???:D:D:D:D

Order Of Malta 4x4 tasked to assist Ambulance stuck in Parklands and will paramedics to casualty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

There is a good 4 inches of snow here in Dromahair now... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

1.1 million in dublin, over 4.3 in ireland . . .thats not most.

arrogance . . .:rolleyes:

Greater Dublin area 2.1 million...sorry!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Dublin had up to 30-40 centimetres last week in places (50-70 higher up) and Dublin 15 had up to 20 centimetres. Cork has what 1-2 cm???:D:D:D:D

Give over man.

Still exiting cars from MP, they seem to be making headway but this should never have happened.

Gritting truck on link road.

Anyone going to Passage, on your way.

Greater dublin: kildare, meath, wicklow, even parts of louth and wexford. More to the point, 2.1 million isn't more than half of 4.3 million.

more arrogance . . .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

More about the weather on the news now

Edit: its over, just 2 secs about the grit....

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

That still doesnt make it most!!!! 2.1 + 2.1 = 4.2 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Greater dublin: kildare, meath, wicklow, even parts of louth and wexford. More to the point, 2.1 million isn't more than half of 4.3 million.

more arrogance . . .:rolleyes:

& westmeath is in their to...

arrogance...:(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

My laptop is getting so warm from being on for hours that it's actually an alternative source of heat......for my lap!
    Think I'm getting a bit obsessed......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

That still doesnt make it most!!!! 2.1 + 2.1 = 4.2 :P

commuter belt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

My laptop is getting so warm from being on for hours that it's actually an alternative source of heat......for my lap!
    Think I'm getting a bit obsessed......:rolleyes:

Wine Goddess...turn the lights of....can see the snow better then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

See on raintoday.co.uk that straight line going diagonally across the country(say its over derry and and mayo now) is that going to bring snow to the east? Also whats the craic with that thing making its way towards the country to the left of scotland?!

commuter belt :)

If someone is commuting from carlow or kilkenny to dublin, it doesnt mean they are from dublin.
    :confused:

Back on topic: Paddy power odds of white christmas: 4/5. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Snow mainly in coastal area's

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

I suggest that Dublin people give up the wait and go out, have a pint, get a life etc. It won't snow tonight. And even if it will, it's better to wake up to a surprise after a nice evening out rather than be disappointed after spending half the night staring at the screen.

That said, I'm outta here for the night.

I would not have liked to have been the last car. Pity it's a Friday, 96FM would have had a field day during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Dublin has 1.1 million people living in the county. Provincial Munster has 1.2 million people in it. The snow this time around is by far a more regionalised affair with West Munster and the North West Coast seeing the heaviest falls.

The majority of people in Ireland actually live outside Dublin, most of them greater than 100kms from the big smoke also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement