Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Media Forecasts and Model Output (General Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

Ignore the tiff and wait until mid afternoon for an update on the models :)

I might post up the hi-res models later if thats ok. I promise not to mention the IrishWeatherNetwork or what they are thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Tornando9 wrote: »
    I might post up the hi-res models later if thats ok. I promise not to mention the IrishWeatherNetwork or what they are thinking.

Would be good !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Tornando9 wrote: »

We might post some hi-res models too.

Right guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Heaviest snow yet in Clones, Monaghan.

I said this morning I'm flummaxed and I still am and so are the met tbh.
    They've tweaked their forecast yet again
    The problem is [in the east and I make no bones that I'm discussing the East as the N and West are guaranteed snow for the next few days regardless] that the low that thye don't know how far north it's going to be,should drive winds to an Easterly in Ireland...but further features coming down from the north and north west counteract that so it's lose lose in the East.

Now cast is the word.
    Theres no point in talking about a return to mild weather if you are relying on the models for that as they're not getting it right in the near term ,meaning medium term analysis is gone completely out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

sillybird wrote: »
    Its has been 100% correct for the North and West :D

hell yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

hell yeah :D
    +1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

delw wrote: »
    IMO it looks like it will go into the irish sea

It is in it's hoop, it's heading for Grafton Street, yeah baby! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Looking at the radar those showers to the west are really getting beefy and might have a chance of going further east. I must say the models and forecasts are all over the place. Its a now-cast situation looking at sat images and radar and working from there. BBC at 1.30 said no snow whatsoever for most of the south and east but i'm still holding on to hope and thinking of MTs forecast and think there is no way that man can be so wrong. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Looking at the radar those showers to the west are really getting beefy and might have a chance of going further east. I must say the models and forecasts are all over the place. Its a now-cast situation looking at sat images and radar and working from there. BBC at 1.30 said no snow whatsoever for most of the south and east but i'm still holding on to hope and thinking of MTs forecast and think there is no way that man can be so wrong. ;)

Cmon now let not start wrecking the karma! The east coast is due heavy snow, and so say all of us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

We need more snow!!!

needmoresnow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

We need more snow!!!

needmoresnow.jpg

Lol there's not even enough snow to make a pathetic snowman like that in Galway city:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Cmon now let not start wrecking the karma! The east coast is due heavy snow, and so say all of us!

Amid all the "its on, its off" crys, actually the forecast was for the north and west to get snow thurs/fri and the east and south more over the weekend and early next week... nothing has changed really and the models are bi-polar ;)

I haven't done a tap of work all day.

Can anyone tell me when the next batch of charts are due in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Where's mr hirlam positioning this band to spread across the country later.can someone kindly post up best chart of it.this working 14 hours a day does not help with model watching.thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like more organised trough/line moving onto north coast now?

http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

ciaranm wrote: »
    I haven't done a tap of work all day.

Can anyone tell me when the next batch of charts are due in?

Between 3 and 4

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

snowing in cork now! South of the city...Looks like BBC was wrong innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

We need more snow!!!

needmoresnow.jpg

that poor snowman :D:D:D:D:D

Caitriona wrote: »
    Between 3 and 4

Thanking you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looks like more organised trough/line moving onto north coast now?

http://www.sat24.com/gb

Looks like it alright. I'd say its gonna affect NI mostly though. They're getting a serious pasting by the looks of things.

Fingers crossed we can steal some of it too if it holds together as it pushes south and doesn;t move too far east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

redsunset wrote: »
    Where's mr hirlam positioning this band to spread across the country later.can someone kindly post up best chart of it.this working 14 hours a day does not help with model watching.thanks
    here you go red
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

click on nedbor

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

WolfeIRE wrote: »

Ooh - roll on Sunday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

just watching rain today's radar chart, seems to be some precipitation heading through monaghan and if it has enough steam behind it navan is in its sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

WolfeIRE wrote: »

Just had a look at that, its shows the precp breaking up as it heads south east for tonight but it shows a lot of precp for the south and east from tommorow night a right hammering by the looks of it, I wonder is this the low the GFS had further north? but its gone south now now according to the models

Where is DOCARCH?

He'd normally be all over something like this.

Getting apprehensive about the 12z runs now !

If they are bad I may punch something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

t|nt|n wrote: »

I have a feeling you better get that punching bag ready:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

t|nt|n wrote: »

Seriously though, even if they are bad what does that mean really?
    Yesterday afternoon they were predicting snowmageddon

• Advertisement

I have a feeling you better get that punching bag ready:)

You are looking more like a punchbag by the second ;):p:pac:

Advertisement