Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Media Forecasts and Model Output (General Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

. Being where I am, not sure if Cork (city) consider themselves west or east Munster, I would take the average of the two as many would need to do since these regions can be vaguely defined in some cases.

Was going to ask you this but didn't want to clog up forecast thread. I never know to listen out for se or SW weather forecasts. Probably too much hassle but great if forecasts could expressly reference the south which is basically cork.

Either way thanks for all the hard and excellent quality work.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

had about 4in in 3 hours so far again this moring,
    to add on top of the 4-6 in we had the yesterday,

But that is in just a few spots, at the far south

most have had about 5 in all in., then the north of the island has just had its first snowfall this moring at about 5mm if that,

so its only the south 10mile thats getting it

but like MT was saying its vary fine and packs so does not look much once its settled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭gothicus

any snow forcasted for the nsouth east? i fancy a few days of work, xmas week wud be loverly!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

GFS 06z rolling out soon. What will it throw up this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

GFS 06z rolling out soon. What will it throw up this time.

06Z NAE doesnt have a flake for us!

10122006_1806.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

GFS 6z rolling out now..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

06Z NAE doesnt have a flake for us!

10122006_1806.gif

No surprise there so Maq :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very slack winds at the 850 level in the Irish sea, but they are going easterly this afternoon, could be some prolonged showers on the east coast wherever they make landfall

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I cannot believe after being wound up and excited so much that I went to Penneys for a bobble hat, that I'm left with no snow at all and a ridiculous bobble hat.

The snow gods dislike Waterford. Last month was only a blip in their blatant discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

Trotter wrote: »
    I cannot believe after being wound up and excited so much that I went to Penneys for a bobble hat, that I'm left with no snow at all and a ridiculous bobble hat.

meet your sister wiggling her toes here in 79 euro snowboots...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The snow gods dislike Waterford. Last month was only a blip in their blatant discrimination.

Keep the faith trotter - I waited long enough and I got it....eventually! Also ME ate talking about 2/3 days of snow for the south from tomorrow on so you could be in with a shout I'd say:) but of course that could all change....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

P.S. Trotter should point out sun streaming in kitchen window on my pristine boots.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, the heavy snowfalls did not materialise countrywide. Still early days yet, early hours of Monday morning looks good for the south and south east. Nothing much doing in my neck of the woods though :(

Looks like the snow shield has been fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

How does that snow dance go again.......1 part riverdance, 1 part haka, then I forget!
    So very let down this morning, woke up to an icing sugar sprinkle and a patchy sprinkle at best. Damn :(.

Another awful GFS 06z run trundling its way out. Dry, no snow basically for lots. Still holding on to the hope when the wind changes tonight to an easterly or even better a North Easterly we might see something.

Well for Waterford anyway:pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

This run is woeful ! :mad:

Another awful GFS 06z run trundling its way out. Dry, no snow basically for lots. Still holding on the the hope when the wind changes tonight to an easterly or even better a North Easterly we might see something.

Should we expect a downgrade from ME re the snow in the south so?

06Z GFS is good for Cork snowlovers.

• Advertisement

ME would go by this surely ?

prec_nordeuro-48.gif

So it's just woeful for Waterford then??:D Jesus Waterford is becoming like the cork of this cold spell :pac:

Looking good for Monday for Cork

gfs-2-48.png?6

Looking good for Monday for Cork

gfs-2-48.png?6

WOWZAH!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

no snow in east clare, i want my money back

This would give a chance for streamers from the Irish sea right ?

h500slp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Got some serious snow ere since thursday night. About 7 inches if not more. Most ive ever seen ere. Was gettin showers til about 3 last night. Then froze solid at about -6. Small trees are bent over with weight of the snow. Power now gone too, prob with weight of snow on lines. Looks very dark to the north again now. Does that big lump of cloud to the nw contain more snow or is it just high level cloud I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

It's heartbreaking TBH, two days ago we (Leinst inc.Dub) had 45cms on MT's snowchart. The only consolation is that it's still only Mid-Dec and we've got another two months of chart watching and radar refreshing to look forward to. It's probably not a bad thing this close to Christmas. I'd hate to see people not being able to get to their loved ones for the festive season - my heart goes out to all those people stuck at Heathrow and Gatwick this morning and I hope they get where they're going soon.

Cluthching at straws here really but this for Tuesday:

h500slp.png

prectypeuktopo.png

• Advertisement

Still showing precip in the east at 18:00 Tuesday

prectypeuktopo.png

Advertisement