Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Media Forecasts and Model Output (General Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Well, what did ye make of that forecast by ME after the six news??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

I enjoyed that forecast for Leinster :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

7PM and still total gridlock on the East Link bridge!! Normally by now its the ocassional car passing by, unreal.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

That forecast left Waterford off the hook anyway. Babywatch continues in this house as normal, won't have any hassle getting to the hospital at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

What are the prospects for some further inland leinster action? Are winds to pick up or die off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

aurora 527 wrote: »

Not good. Same forecast as last night except they wheeled out a pretty girl instead of Gerry Murphy so that we'd be less annoyed...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

yr.no has snow for my area in limerick tonight, any chance of this actually happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Supercell wrote: »
    7PM and still total gridlock on the East Link bridge!! Normally by now its the ocassional car passing by, unreal.

Just to put the icing on the cake I think a couple of lorries jack knifed somewhere on M50..... wouldnt fancy being on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

snowing heavily here now in kilcoole

Trotter wrote: »
    That forecast left Waterford off the hook anyway. Babywatch continues in this house as normal, won't have any hassle getting to the hospital at this rate.

Yeah I think we will miss out on the snow tomorrow morning but you never know. The other half needs to get a shift on anyway otherwise you will be in WRH for Chrimbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

aurora 527 wrote: »
    After that forecast any chance of snow here in North Tipp has gone so i am now going to look forward to the next cold spell which i hope won't be too far off and will hopefully feed my craving for snow.:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

The forecast after the news wasn't great for Waterford. Wouldnt read too much into that as its basically a guessing game at the moment. My own personal feeling as of now is that we won't get a flake in this cold spell. Its similar to last Winter when we had lots of cold but only one day of snow. At least we had those 3 decent falls at the end of November and start of December to look back on with joy. Hope i get a surprise in the morning but dont think so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

The forecast after the news wasn't great for Waterford. Wouldnt read too much into that as its basically a guessing game at the moment. My own personal feeling as of now is that we won't get a flake in this cold spell. Its similar to last Winter when we had lots of cold but only one day of snow. At least we had those 3 decent falls at the end of November and start of December to look back on with joy. Hope i get a surprise in the morning but dont think so :)
    You may be surprised go the morning as I think we'll have snow by the morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

200motels wrote: »
    You may be surprised go the morning as I think we'll have snow by the morning.

Hope your right :)

Snow beltuing down again in D4
    The East Link bridge southbound hasnt moved, people standing outside cars - avoid it if you can.
    Northbound is moving extremely slowly, normally wouyld be toally clear by now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Supercell wrote: »
    Snow beltuing down again in D4
    The East Link bridge southbound hasnt moved, people standing outside cars - avoid it if you can.
    Northbound is moving extremely slowly, normally wouyld be toally clear by now.

My brother is stuck in a bus trying to get out of Dublin Port - he hasnt moved in an hour.

Not snowing here yet in my part of D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Does anyone know when it will snow again tomorrow evening in the east...I know someone who wants to drive from dublin to cork and want to give her the best time...earlier the better?

My brother is stuck in a bus trying to get out of Dublin Port - he hasnt moved in an hour.

Not snowing here yet in my part of D4.

Belting down here, am just opposite the O2, these clouds are super slow moving.
    I cannot believe the traffic at this hour, is normally totally clear. I would be seriously grumpy if that was me in one of those cars outside here now!!

Proper snow like a fog here in D4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

don't forget our dusting on Friday night Mick lol, not it amounts to much but it's amazing to see it still on the ground :)

• Advertisement

I just took this picture out the window, normally by 18:30 its would be empty outside, its 19:38 now and gridlocked still..

attachment.php?attachmentid=140186&stc=1&d=1292873976

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

No snow here in sandyford ind est just cars, red lights and tired looking people in cars as far as the eye can see........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Looking again at the latest charts, and the bits and pieces from bbc/sky/met eireann, I think the South East will avoid this one too. It seems to be all north east of Hook head for the next 36 hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

To concur with what Supercell said, I just got in home in Ringsend, it is unreal at the East Link. I have never seen it that bad even during the 'big snow' 2 weeks ago. They are going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Trotter wrote: »
    Looking again at the latest charts, and the bits and pieces from bbc/sky/met eireann, I think the South East will avoid this one too. It seems to be all north east of Hook head for the next 36 hrs.

Have you a link for that chart?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

ME has a severe weather alert out for most of the country but you have got to think that the East coast is going to get the worst of it the Hirlam certainly thinks so with a bit for Mayo, Donegal, Galway and the South coast but it really does look like that the East coast is going to get a fair bit of snow over the next 48 hours .
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

BBC forecast on just before 8 showed activity in Irish Sea for tomorrow not much overland.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

snowing heavily here now in kilcoole

live in kilcoole myself. didnt see that coming. stopped now but should be fun in the morning if we get more or it freezes.
    1 hour heavy shower. cars struggling to exit village.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

homolumo wrote: »
    BBC forecast on just before 8 showed activity in Irish Sea for tomorrow not much overland.

yes but yesterday, what did the BBC forecast for the east coast today? bugger all I believe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

homolumo wrote: »

BBC have been well off the mark with regards to Ireland. Dont think they bother with accuracy for us

Advertisement