Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D G: T C C o S S f G t W HELP!

Options
  • 16-12-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

A friend of mine has given me the following clue about a book he'd like for Christmas - the title's initials are D G and the subtitle T C C o S S f G t W...

I am wracking my brains here but can't come up with anything... I was just wondering if anyone recognises the initials and knows what books he is talking about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The lower case letters are likely small words like;

T C C on/of S S for G to/the W

tbh, its prob not very mainstream, so maybe get another clue

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved from Celebs & Showbiz.

Your friend sounds like a ball buster OP. Get him a voucher for Easons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Would be a lot easier if we had the authors initials. Try to worm it out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Maybe initials mean:

The Complete Collection of Short Stories for/from G to/the W

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sounds like the kind of thing that's right up the alley of Puzzles & Quizzes. It's their forte.

Personally I'd just get him a stress ball and let him have fun with that - in my universe, if someone wants something, they tell you rather than giving clues but anyhoo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 datura

In fairness to my friend I would have said it's more fun not to be told straight out what he wants... but this is proving to be hard to figure out! Thanks for the suggestions so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I reckon you try find something else, the stranger the better that fits the letters, and give him that.
    He asked for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Isn't there a Danuta Gleed literary award for short fiction stories? Maybe it's a collection of stories from the winners?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 datura

He gave me a clue mentioning that's it's "not the tv show"... so I got it pretty quickly then... I searched through a list of tv shows begining with d until I saw Defying Gravity (something I've actually seen!) and it's Defying Gravity: The Creative Career of Stephen Schwartz from Godspell to Wicked! He likes musicals!

There is no way I would have gotten it without a clue...

Advertisement