Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont let the RUBBER BANDITS Get to number 1 for Christmas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

:eek:
    You need to listen to the lyrics of Halleljiah a bit harder. This song is many things but it is most definitely NOT religious. I suppose you could say it say its spiritual - I mean its basically a song about la petit mort:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_petite_mort

Still, whilst you are right that that cover is crininal, I suppose there is some small subversive comfort to be had in the fact the millions of goons bought a 'religious' cover version, when in actual fact they were listening to a musical depiction of post orgasmic emptyness/ the loss of a lover - thou I very much doubt Alexandra Burke was aware of that fact (the Simon Cowell may well be)

I was talking about the various religious references, plus each cover has been interpreted differently and I'm assuming that Burke and co were going for the more spiritual aspect to it as opposed to the other covers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    I was talking about the various religious references, plus each cover has been interpreted differently and I'm assuming that Burke and co were going for the more spiritual aspect to it as opposed to the other covers.
    Dude the words are the words. And the metaphors they use don't change because you sing it with a choir behind you

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

This one is for charity, and its all Christmasy!!
    http://youtu.be/ufM6GVlJlOc

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Dude the words are the words. And the metaphors they use don't change because you sing it with a choir behind you

But they can be interpreted aside from the intention, anyway, given the list I think it's the most religious..I've never really liked the song though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

phoebe! wrote: »
    This one is for charity, and its all Christmasy!!
    http://youtu.be/ufM6GVlJlOc

the fcukin hack of that !!!!

• Advertisement

This song and video is disgusting. Christmas is a time for Jesus, and the Spirit of Christmas and Santa Claus and children. It makes a pure laughing stock of the Irish to have a song like this reach to number 1. Im praying it doesnt make it. I for one certainly wont down load it and will switch of the radio when it comes on.

praying will get you nowhere

rubberbandits for no. 1

Also the bird is the word will be no. 1 in the UK charts

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jeekers

000000000H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

fúckin hell,this thread is still going?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

F**k ur negativity I've a horse outside!!!

DarkJager wrote: »
    I smell a member of the Joe Duffy brigade here. Get over yourself and your hysteria over a ****ing comedy christmas record. The humour obviously goes way over your head so don't download it or listen to it on the radio. Nobody cares.

Never said I was a member of the J.D. brigade. I wouldnt call it humour or comedy and by the way if nobody cares why bother commenting...Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

so if you want a ride iv a horse outside:P:D:D:D weh hay

were did you pick that up i sing dat wen im drunk haha

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    helenlovejoy_t6301.jpg

flutered wrote: »
    the op posted a similar thread over on bargain alerts, it got locked.
    Yes I know it was a typo.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Javiero

How do you intend in stopping it. Deleting the charts? lol

thread is silly imo as Its down to general votes if it makes it or not.

Sense of humor required, its not as if they are going to play explicit on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

The icon of Santa Claus as we know it was created by Coca Cola. It was part of their advertising campaigns in the 1930s. They based him on a combination of mythical folk-characters and the saint Nicholas. And Jim Corr didn't tell me that ;)

But Coca-Cola is run by the lizard people, that's why it tastes like reptile piss. Seriously, everyone knows that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

i tell you one thing.....

....a horse outside is probably alot more useful in this snowy weather than a honda or a subaru anyhow !!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I hope it goes to number 1...I don't care if the money goes to the Rubberbandits, as far as I am concerned they deserve it, for all the years of laughter they have given me..........:DWell done boys and long may you continue...:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Ok OP, we'll all pray really hard that it won't get to #1.

That'll work, won't it?

32.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Trending

* [Rubberbandits - Horse Outside] 3:51 Add to Added to queue Rubberbandits - Horse Outsideby rte 2,194,485 views

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Just gone no.1 on iTunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

when will Irish charts be announced for Christmas no.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

your wan in the video is a cracker!
    Ride her like a horse - yeeeaaaahhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

magentas wrote: »
    when will Irish charts be announced for Christmas no.1?

The Irish charts for next week are all sales up to and including the 23rd of December.

Just checked the website there and this week's charts were of the sales up to 16th December.

Everyone buy it! Great song :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I lost faith in the Irish people and "charts" a long time ago..... We're a nation of idiots and musical retards, we couldn't even emulate the UK last year and Joe McWhatyoumaycallhim still ****ing got to No. 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Jeekers wrote: »
    This song and video is disgusting. Christmas is a time for Jesus, and the Spirit of Christmas and Santa Claus and children. It makes a pure laughing stock of the Irish to have a song like this reach to number 1. Im praying it doesnt make it. I for one certainly wont down load it and will switch of the radio when it comes on.

Ah Simon, I see you've joined Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

i tell you one thing.....
    ....a horse outside is probably alot more useful in this snowy weather than a honda or a subaru anyhow !!! :P

Subarus are great in this weather. 4WD FTW :p

It's not like some devil worship song is going to be number 1 and to celebrate we're going to sacrifice a church full of virgins.

I think it'd be class to see something like Deicide's "Homage For Satan" as Christmas No.1!

Anyway Horse Outside is a damn good song and compared to the rest of the ****e in the charts at the moment it definitely deserves No.1 spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I'd worry more about what the latest chapter of the murphy report says about the irish rather than a song by comedians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

JESUS CHRIST have a sense of humor!!! the song is not bad, it's kinda catchy and many people seem to agree with that, (look at the charts). People obviously like it, you don't, who gives a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

1. Why do you care about what gets to number 1 anyway, how does it affect you? Everyone knows that you won't find really good music in the charts.
    2. Even though i certainly wont be buying the single, the song is only a bit of fun. Don't take it so seriously :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Yama

won't name anyone but some up their own ass muso ****e as soon as any type of music thread comes up. Look, it is what is, catchy comedy song with a funny video providing 3 mins relief for most from the rest of the current media recession and rte coke misery and giving a opportunity of a common song to outdo the x-factor rubbish we are being brainwashed into every year. I'm sure many hold off releasing singles until after christmas as it's imposible to compete with that crap

nobody is claiming it's song of the century, it's not really about the quality of the song or music really,

if you don't like it, don't buy it

but it IS art, kid

Advertisement