Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brussel Sprouts

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Does anyone else find that you hate them when your younger but you like them when you get older?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

love sprouts I eat them every Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Their tastless and absolutely disgusting, but then again so is almost every other vegtable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I like brussel sprouts around christmas time. But no other time of the year. If i was served sprouts in june i'd do a back flip in anger. I might end up going through the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

absolutely love brussel sprouts

gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭8mv

Christmas wouldn't be the same without them - smothered in bread sauce and gravy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

Bake them don't boil them... much tastier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just the sight of them is enough to turn my stomach. No sprouts for me please. They are perfect for making me want to upchuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Love 'em.

But seriously I think they are just totally awesome. There's far too many brusselsprout haters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Used to despise them as a kid, but love them now. They're awesome with a bit of butter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Can't stand them!!! Yuck.

Theres a reason for them apparently... after the fatty, rich taste of the turkey and trimmings, the taste buds need the slightly bitter taste of sprouts to balance it out / clean the palate

*nods scientifically*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Ironically enough I can't stand them.

Ironically enough I can't stand them.
    Why did you pick that username? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Great men for loosening a lad up after a good meal, build up a right head of arse-gas so they do.

Nearly blew the crotch off me corduroys after a fair skelp of them, at last years Xmas dinner.

Rocked the plates on the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Great men for loosening a lad up after a good meal, build up a right head of arse-gas so they do.

Nearly blew the crotch off me corduroys after a fair skelp of them, at last years Xmas dinner.

Rocked the plates on the wall.

Yeah they do produce the most potent cheek wobblers alright. I usually retreat to the back door & cough several times in a lame attempt to disguise the thunderous evacuation of rancid bum gas.

*parp*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lovely through the winter, just don't stew 'em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Dan Dare

I love them :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

well they're not my favourite vegetable, but they certainly beat being anally raped

Mmmmmmm....you sure ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I love them at Christmas dinner but never have them otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Sprouts are lovely. It's cauliflower that is the most evil and repulsive of all vegetables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Love them. Best way by far to have them is to parboil, then fry in garlic, butter, lardons and black pepper.

Advertisement