Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar Low sweeps towards Ireland - A dream!!

Options
  • 16-12-2010 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Many going to bed dreaming of this tonight! An attempted visualisation!:D!

139630.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Sweet Jesus its coming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thread title gave me a shock there for a second. . . They are so sudden to form apparently that the first warning we will get is someone starting a thread with a similar title to this one. . :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Snurricane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Thread title gave me a shock there for a second. . . They are so sudden to form apparently that the first warning we will get is someone starting a thread with a similar title to this one. . :P

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Okay for idiots like me who don't understand those maps what does this mean and when is it happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Mayo you do know how much panic the title will cause only for people to find its not real or is that the plan ;)
    goina be some broken hearts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

peanuthead wrote: »
    Okay for idiots like me who don't understand those maps what does this mean and when is it happening?

It's a joke.

He superimposed a Polar Low just off the west coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

delw wrote: »
    Mayo you do know how much panic the title will cause only for people to find its not real or is that the plan ;)

Sorry! The GFS 18Z model scenarios have caused a bit of madness to set in. Hasn't worn off yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Remember the fiasco over the eagle and the polar low last year? I.e. A low from polar regions not a polar low. . . And the ensuing chaos on here with the title change about 3 times. . . Good times! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

That photoshop job can be described in a sentence.

Mayo, God Help Us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    That photoshop job can be described in a sentence.

Mayo, God Help Us!

That's the squarest side of a cloud I've ever seen! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Nice, except that's in the warm sector and would be more like the Big Wind.

Note to readers ... given the situation, I just want to add a disclaimer that the satellite image is made up and my comment is not a forecast, just what would happen if you could in fact photoshop the weather.

OMG, the thought of that technology falling into the hands of weather forum members ... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Cionád wrote: »
    It's a joke.

picard-facepalm.jpg?w=495&h=325

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OMG, the thought of that technology falling into the hands of weather forum members ... :eek:

30 feet of snow, 100mph winds and -57C outside. All with blazing sunshine and a heatwave, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Confab wrote: »
    30 feet of snow, 100mph winds and -57C outside. All with blazing sunshine and a heatwave, of course.

And thats just in Coleraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Is this thread not a bit disengenious??? Just because Evelyn Cusack says the words "Polar Low", do we really need to start photoshopping satellite images to fit in with what we really wished she had meant, as opposed to what she actually said??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

delw wrote: »

or legs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Snow-joke eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Looks like the dream may become reality, MT said a weak polar low may form today and head for Donegal and Connacht and would enhance snow amounts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Is this thread not a bit disengenious??? Just because Evelyn Cusack says the words "Polar Low", do we really need to start photoshopping satellite images to fit in with what we really wished she had meant, as opposed to what she actually said??? :rolleyes:

Apparently, yes, some of us do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Looks like the dream may become reality, MT said a weak polar low may form today and head for Donegal and Connacht and would enhance snow amounts. :)

that would be brilliant!!. it would be good to renew acquaintance with our old friend mr polar low!!!

that would be brilliant!!. it would be good to renew acquaintance with our old friend mr polar low!!!
    Have we got one before nacho?
    Im relativley new to these weather terms so forgive me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

It's just like the movie " the day after tomorrow" predicted.

Have we got one before nacho?
    Im relativley new to these weather terms so forgive me.

yes we have!! the last great one was in December 2000!!

yes we have!! the last great one was in December 2000!!
    Ah yes , my last major snowfall, but I recall remembering snow forecasted for the 26th Dec a few days in advance, and I dont think you can forecast polar lows , did a polar low just crop up out of nowhere and enchance the snowfall that time?

Ah yes , my last major snowfall, but I recall remembering snow forecasted for the 26th Dec a few days in advance, and I dont think you can forecast polar lows , did a polar low just crop up out of nowhere and enchance the snowfall that time?

Yes i think so:)

Advertisement