Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micro SD before Christmas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

http://www.shop4memory.com - they're in Co. Kildare, and 100% reliable.
    Order today and you should get it tomorrow (Monday at latest).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Cool thanks a lot! They have a 16gb Sandisk Micro SD for 32eur, but it doesn't say anything about what class it is and I'd be very hesitant to get anything lower than a class 6 after experiencing bad results myself using lower on a desire. Is there any way to tell what class that is? I'm guessing because it's Sandisk, and 32 eur, that it's probably not such a high class? :(

I wonder would that Irish ebayer be ok, they actually have a high amount of feedback and a good feedback score too so imagine they can be counted on. Based in Dublin too..

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Desire comes with a 4gig card.

According to the o2 "what's in the box" tab on the desire page, there is no mention of a memory card and they give you the option to buy a 4gb card on checkout for extra... :(

roboshatner, thanks for the link, I'd prefer a class 6 though and I hear that shipments from mymemory can possibly get customs charged on top as they are based in the Jersey Islands or something like that, plus with the bad weather approaching, maybe it wouldn't make it on time?

• Advertisement

It's approaching the "too late" stage to order one online I think. How risky would it be to order that ebay one based in Dublin I wonder? If it's an unknown brand and that, would I be taking a big risk?

Or does anyone know any bricks and mortar stores that sell them at a decent price? Just want a reasonably enough priced class 6 8gb one :)

Just saw this about "Team Group Inc" Micro SD cards (that's the cheap one I linked to from Irish seller on first post): http://ivoras.sharanet.org/blog/tree/2010-08-03.cheated-on-e-bay---microsd-card-by-team-group-inc..html

Pity, this looks like an ok deal here: http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=568

Think I'll go for this: http://www.memoryc.ie/memory/TS8GUSDHC6.html

Doesn't say much on that site itself, but I read good things about that card elsewhere and it's the same model number and that's the cheapest I've found it, based in Ireland I hope, so hopefully get it on time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Same company as my earlier link, cormie (both trading as gobeyond). They're based in Celbridge, so you should have it by Tuesday at the latest.

Interesting, I tried search for the same card on shop4memory, and it doesn't come up at all, but then if you google shop4memory TS8GUSDHC6, a link comes up with a list of cards, you can't actually click in to any link, but if you click add to cart, the same one appears to be €22.

On the memoryc site, I'm not even sure if they are in stock, it says usually ships in 1-2 days, but it says estimated shipping date will be 22nd when I add it to the cart so I'm not sure what the story is there. With the weather we're having, there might be delays getting shipments in from overseas so I'm not sure if they could fulfil the 1-2 days getting it and then it also says the latest date to order by for Christmas delivery is the 20th, if they won't have the stock till the 22nd, then I'm not sure if I'd get it. Strange how both websites have different prices too if they are trading under the same parent company?

• Advertisement

Just on the off chance anyone knows any good deals up North, please share :) Peats have a few and the prices don't seem so bad, but looking for class 6 8gb for around the €20 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

JustinOval wrote: »
    Desire comes with a 4gig card.

Confirmed
    My desire came with a 4 gig card

Did you get it from o2 recently though? Mine came with a 4gb card aswell, but it said so on the blurb on the page and I wasn't asked if I wanted to buy a 4gb card for extra when checking out the shopping cart so I'm not sure if o2 have removed the card in the hope to appear to be selling the phone cheap.

It was a couple of months ago. I got it in a shop, not online.

There was nothing about an sd card when I bought it, and I was surprised when I found one it.

Well there really should be one provided with the phone, would be nice if there is, but based on the checkout process, it mightn't be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

customs never stopped me and had it in a week works great.

16 gigs for my psp oh yeah
    cormie wrote: »
    According to the o2 "what's in the box" tab on the desire page, there is no mention of a memory card and they give you the option to buy a 4gb card on checkout for extra... :(

roboshatner, thanks for the link, I'd prefer a class 6 though and I hear that shipments from mymemory can possibly get customs charged on top as they are based in the Jersey Islands or something like that, plus with the bad weather approaching, maybe it wouldn't make it on time?

Just reporting back to say there is a 4gb micro sd with the desire from o2!

No rush on getting a bigger one so, especially since anywhere I'd get it before Christmas now seems to be very expensive compared to online!

No rush on getting a bigger one so, especially since anywhere I'd get it before Christmas now seems to be very expensive compared to online!

I betcha if you had selected an sd card from the checkout, they would have just have given you the one that is in the box, and pocketed the extra money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I told you that last week. :pac:

Advertisement