Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why can't you stagger parking discs?

• 16-12-2010 1:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

I mean putting two or three parking discs together? You also can't even come back to your car to replace your disc... you have to park on another street.

Whatever miserable sod dreamt up these things and what's the supposed reason for them? You're still paying the money....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Because on street parking is for short term stops.

If you want all day parking, use a car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thinking of a AH repsonse....

gah, I got nothing, carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

I didnt hit it, I staggered it!

edit: lose :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

get the bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I mean putting two or three parking discs together?

Bill and Bob are friends.
    Bill needs to park for 6 hours and Bob needs to park for 3 hours.
    The meter only lets you pay for 3 hours at a time.

If staggered parking were allowed, Bob would simply give Bill his disc before he drives off.
    Bill puts the disc in beside his first one and then when lovely Rita comes along, it looks just like Bill had staggered discs all along.

So between them they get 9 hours of parking for the price of 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

javaboy wrote: »

If staggered parking were allowed, Bob would simply give Bill his disc before he drives off.
    Bill puts the disc in beside his first one and then when lovely Rita comes along, it looks just like Bill had staggered discs all along.

Trains are crashing in my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Jeepers yeah. Mick might not be too happy about it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Street parking is for short term

If you need a few hours go to a car park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

poisonated wrote: »
    Jeepers yeah. Mick might not be too happy about it either.

What do you think Mary will say when she gets back from herding the cattle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

orourkeda wrote: »
    get the bus

No don't. Too many people use the bus today, its a pain in the ass finding space

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Hang on a second....If theres a meter why the **** is he using discs?????

and what disc is he giving him??

Bob has paid and parked for 3 hours...Whats he giving Bill before he drives off??

Soooooo many questions....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Well spotted, Castie. I could tell that post was nonsense, but couldn't begin to unravel the knots of so much nonsense all tied up together.
    Thanks for making sense of it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Well spotted, Castie. I could tell that post was nonsense, but couldn't begin to unravel the knots of so much nonsense all tied up together.
    Thanks for making sense of it.

Hes someone trying to prove that 6+3 = 6

The key question then is how the hell does it apply to stagger parking...Its two separate people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I mean putting two or three parking discs together? You also can't even come back to your car to replace your disc... you have to park on another street.

Can you not pay over the phone / with a toll tag these days ?
    Do they check that you're still in the one parking spot ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Thanked for lovely Rita quote

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

castie wrote: »
    Hes someone trying to prove that 6+3 = 6

The key question then is how the hell does it apply to stagger parking...Its two separate people.

The only explanation I can think of is that maybe it's different in other counties. In Cork you need parking discs and need to mark the time on them. Any other explanation would involve some type of dual car that... nvm...

In Cork it's €2 for 2 hours, and it applies all around the City, not just the City Centre. Places where there are tons of spaces and nobody is in a desperate need to park fall into the same category. I doubt many people are going to be happy to pay so much as to do it all the time anyway, but it can be handy sometimes if you just want a decent bit of parking time without rushing back.

They try to keep the streets free for the convenience of people who want to park but don't care about the people who end up parking there??? If the streets are full, people can then go into a car park. Again, there are always tons of spaces available around the suburbs, and not just because of this rule. I don't really like car parks to be honest, I get a bit of an eerie feeling from them for some reason.

Is it often that they will enforce this rule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

Rabies wrote: »
    What do you think Mary will say when she gets back from herding the cattle?

Bridie went for the cattle after, cuz Mary had to get the children from school.

Advertisement