Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scenes in Animated Films that Scare the Crap out of You

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Okay, serious WTF-ness at Watership Down, I saw the TV show of that as a kid, wasn't anywhere near like that movie :eek:

Black Cauldron was pretty scary too, but in a good way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone remember the Animals of Farthing Wood. There was always an animal that would be run over or shot by a farmer or something. Seemed like a depressing cartoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come in Mickey Mouse's Christmas Carol is one scary dude...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

The stylized intro to Watership Down was bad enough, but yeah, I saw the whole thing as a kid and I never forgot it. Powerful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

keano_afc wrote: »
    Darby O'Gill and the Little People still gives me the creeps, "highlights" being the Bean Sí and the carriage at the end. Again, it got a U cert? Scary stuff.

I LOVE that film. Do you know if there is anywhere in Dublin I might be able to get that on dvd. I don't want to mail order it as our post has been very slow lately.

Remember "are you afraid of the dark" - brilliant and lots of frights. I bet if I watched it now though it's be terrible,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The forest scene in Snow White :eek:

EDIT: Also, wasn't there a scene in Aladdin when the guards captured him, tied him up, died a boulder to his legs and threw him into the sea?
    I remember being a bit freaked out by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

allanb49 wrote: »
    The Real Ghostbusters cartoons could be quite freaky

One where they're in a hospital and covered in some slime and ears eyes mouths start growing out of their chest.

Another one where Peter was posessed and trying to kill the others,

Very dark kids show

Did anybody ever see Extreme Ghostbusters, the totally-radical-Poochy-Xtreme! sequel series in the 90's?

It was a funny one, I don't think that many people saw it, it was considerably more disturbing than the original Ghostbusters series at times. Definite Clive Barker influence on some of the monsters, which you never expect to be able to say about a kids cartoon.

Seems a bit tame now, but the villains in this definitely left a bit of an impression on me when I saw it first:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

The pooka and the banshee in Darby O'Gill and the Little People. Also the film Jack the Giant Killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The shark scene in Pinochio.

Also, this isn't an animated movie but... The original Charlie and the chocolate factory scared the crap out of me. Pretty much the whole movie. Especially the scene with the child molestor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

The last scene in Fantasia. I used to always stop the video when it got to this part :o

Advertisement