Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick shotty question

Options
  • 16-12-2010 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Just a quick question lads

Ive a mate of a mate of a mate whos leaving the country and is desperately raising money and selling of his gear.

He has a vintora shotty. Double barrel. Its in great condition. I put a few cartridges through it there tonight and jaysus shes not bad. To be honest hes looking quite a bit of money for this gun. Now I dont think hes trying to do me out off it or anything. I think what hes asking is reasonable. Its a beautiful gun.

But Ive never ever heard of a Vintora shotgun. Ive looked it up and I cant find anything on them either.

He reckons its an italian gun. Can anyone shed any light on this. I dont want to buy a ball of junk ya know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Gerry.L

Yeh thats the one Marlin fair play... you can see its a nice gun... even if it is a grand. Have to say the one Im getting is a bit cheaper then that and doesnt have a crack in the timber. At least I feel a bit more confident in the price now. Though in saying that I never thought for a moment it was worth less than what hes giving it to me for. Really is a great peice of work.

But Im still wondering, whats the general opinion on these guns. I dont want to sink the guts of a grand into and then after a year be left cursing for not getting a make that I know... ya know what I mean.

Advertisement