Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So i kidnapped a blind guy this morning

• 16-12-2010 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

I was getting off the bus this morning and saw a blind man who I thought worked in the same building as me. So i started chatting to him and walked him up the road(with him holding my arm).

So i then proceeded to walk my normal route to work and turned off of talbot st and he just froze and had a look of fear on his face... Turns out he doesnt work in my job at all. He was ok and wanted to get away as quick as possible.

Anyone else done anything so stupid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

::::..... ..:..:.. :::....: :: .. :::... :

..::.:.: .::::. . . . ::: .... : .:

..:..:.. :::....: :: .. :::.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I bet you feel guilty now...

The lesson is: never talk to blind people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

I bet you feel guilty now...

The lesson is: never talk to blind people

yup, from now on it will be head down, headphones on and a snarly look on my face

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

blaze1 wrote: »
    yup, from now on it will be head down, headphones on and a snarly look on my face

but then the blind guy will just assume you're deaf:P

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    but then the blind guy will just assume you're deaf:P

I'm sure that he'd rather take his chances that some weirdo trying to lead him astray....

I suppose I could have brought him with me and promised there would a guide dog for him at the end of it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Hope he doesn't recognise you if it happens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

but how did he know? damn then and their psychic abitlities :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Wow, wonder how he found his way back to where he was supposed to be going, he could be still out there,tapping the footpath for familiar bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

He didn't see the funny side?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I did yore ma once.

so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

orourkeda wrote: »
    I did yore ma once.

so stupid

What are you going to do for your 10,000 post?? you could use it to reply to me ;)

Did you help him back to where he was supposed to be...? Or did you just run off and leave him there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

You came so close to earning your 4th star on a yore ma joke orourkeda, that would have been a waste. Now go do something epic.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Did you help him back to where he was supposed to be...? Or did you just run off and leave him there?

Nah i made sure he knew where he was. Told him to walk until his feet touch water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

I did much the same thing once. I had to let him go after 3 days because the knocking from the boot of the car was drowning out my Big Tom tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mcdoogle

At least you're guaranteed he wont be reliving the trauma of the event by reading about it here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

One thing I've always wondered..

After using the toilet. how does a blind person know when they've finished wiping their bum? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Wazdakka wrote: »

After using the toilet. how does a blind person know when they've finished wiping their bum? :confused:

A hightened sense of smell...

Wazdakka wrote: »

On a slight tangent - there was a dude who used to drink in Fibbers in Galway who had no arms. He was a bit of an alco and while walking home one night past a circus, he tried to pet a lion through the bars of its cage, the lion ripped off his arm, at which point he put in his other to retrieve the first only to have that removed as well.

Anyway when he used to drink in the pub he'd need to go for a slash, the regulars all realised his tactic pretty quickly and used to keep an eye on him, he'd wait until some poor unsuspecting soul wandered into the jacks and follow them in and ask them to lend him a hand...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

My mother picked up a guy from the bus stop who was the image of a guy she knows. Anyway they're driving out the road and all of a sudden he starts saying "I want my mammy"

Turns out she picked a simple up! She had to drive him back to the bus station mortified! Found it hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I was getting off the bus this morning and saw a blind man who I thought worked in the same building as me.

Don't feel so bad, all blind people look the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Keno 92 wrote: »
    My mother picked up a guy from the bus stop who was the image of a guy she knows. Anyway they're driving out the road and all of a sudden he starts saying "I want my mammy"

Turns out she picked a simple up! She had to drive him back to the bus station mortified! Found it hilarious!

See here PC boardsies of the 'Most retarded thing...' thread, "a simple" is worth getting in cahoots about.

I'm sure you meant a DS lad.

Naos wrote: »
    See here PC boardsies of the 'Most retarded thing...' thread, "a simple" is worth getting in cahoots about.

I'm sure you meant a DS lad.

I have no idea what you're saying here...

I have no idea what you're saying here...
    a load of politically correct people went mad because the word retard was used. a "simple" is probably worse. they might just have a shit fit

FatherLen wrote: »
    a load of politically correct people went mad because the word retard was used. a "simple" is probably worse. they might just have a shit fit

Ah okay. Well sorry! But in my books 'retard' is far worse. Should I edit my post of what's the craic?

Ah okay. Well sorry! But in my books 'retard' is far worse. Should I edit my post of what's the craic?
    only edit it if YOU want to. i personally dont care.

What does a blind dude walking past a fishmongers say ??????

Hello ladies :pac:

FatherLen wrote: »
    only edit it if YOU want to. i personally dont care.

I'll stand my ground for now. **** gets out of hand (:P) i'll edit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

mcdoogle wrote: »
    On a slight tangent - there was a dude who used to drink in Fibbers in Galway who had no arms. He was a bit of an alco and while walking home one night past a circus, he tried to pet a lion through the bars of its cage, the lion ripped off his arm, at which point he put in his other to retrieve the first only to have that removed as well.

Anyway when he used to drink in the pub he'd need to go for a slash, the regulars all realised his tactic pretty quickly and used to keep an eye on him, he'd wait until some poor unsuspecting soul wandered into the jacks and follow them in and ask them to lend him a hand...

Thats probably the same guy that came up to me in Lidl one day in galway & asked me to bring a flagan of cider to the till for him. After i got it up there he said thats grand cheers......i think he had friends the far side that would help him from there.....but it brought up a load of questions....would they have to lift the bottle to his mouth?! whats happens when he needs to piss?! etc etc. the questions got worse. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I'm surprised he didn't see it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

So you can't tell the difference between two completely different people? Sure YOU aren't blind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I'll stand my ground for now. **** gets out of hand (:P) i'll edit it.

In another thread, someone said "Whats the most retarded thing you've done?" - the use of the word retard there is what caused quite a silly and uncalled for ruckus.

Just pointing out that you called someone a 'simple' which to be fair, it's not nice. It may attract attention is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

DecentBee wrote: »
    So you can't tell the difference between two completely different people? Sure YOU aren't blind?

Ah its easy done, I once seen my uncle at the traffic lights when I was walking and he said he’d pull in ahead for a chat I said not a bother, crossed the street and jumped into the front passenger seat of not only the wrong car, wrong make, wrong colour and wrong driver. I had jumped into a blue opel passat when my uncle was across the street in a silver bmw m3.

Guy driving the car didn’t know what was going on. How simple was that!? :p :pac:

Just seen the bloke I thought was him... They both have the same stick, that's what threw me!

• Advertisement

danniemcq wrote: »
    Ah its easy done, I once seen my uncle at the traffic lights when I was walking and he said he’d pull in ahead for a chat I said not a bother, crossed the street and jumped into the front passenger seat of not only the wrong car, wrong make, wrong colour and wrong driver. I had jumped into a blue opel passat when my uncle was across the street in a silver bmw m3.

Guy driving the car didn’t know what was going on. How simple was that!? :p :pac:

Impressive, jumping into imaginary cars like that!

Just seen the bloke I thought was him... They both have the same stick, that's what threw me!

The white one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Anyone else done anything so stupid?

I gave my CV to a manager in a shop, or who I thought was the manager, turns out it was just some guy doing his shopping:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

phill106 wrote: »
    Impressive, jumping into imaginary cars like that!

balls i'm getting confused with a VW aren't I?

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Thats probably the same guy that came up to me in Lidl one day in galway & asked me to bring a flagan of cider to the till for him. After i got it up there he said thats grand cheers......i think he had friends the far side that would help him from there.....but it brought up a load of questions....would they have to lift the bottle to his mouth?! whats happens when he needs to piss?! etc etc. the questions got worse. :)

He used to ask people to open the bottle for him, he'd keep a pair of long straws in his top pocket and get whoever was helping him to put the straw in and the bottle in his pocket for him and sup away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement