Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another riddle

Options
  • 16-12-2010 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hello again!

Thought I'd ask the experts again about where in the city ceentre this could be! Ok, the riddle is;

"Be earnest, or be square"

Short and simple, hope you can get it!

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is this not cheating?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

tut tut tut ..... is this for a radio competition ? ..... you want other people to give you the answer are you really that lazy ? (or not smart enough to figure it out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

lol cheat away, oscar wilde statue in merrion sq

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I refuse to contribute an answer, even though you've got it already,on the grounds you didn't say if Kildare st was correct for the last one. You left me in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

Whoa, did someone start a fire?? :-P

I was put the riddle up for two reasons!

One; to see if people could figure it for a bit of fun

Two; too help me confirm my own suspicions!

I thought it was in Merrion sq. too, but didn't post it in case it influenced the responses! Nice to see someone else thinks the same as me!

Cheating.....no....

Reassurance.....maybe

I did say thanks in the other thread just before I posted this one, sorry I left it a bit late. Thanks again :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I did say thanks in the other thread just before I posted this one, sorry I left it a bit late. Thanks again :-)

What the feck was the answer to the other one?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

clearly merrion square

irishbird wrote: »
    clearly merrion square
    No, that's the answer to this one, the last one about white lilies or something.

What the feck was the answer to the other one?

It was Kildare street

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It was Kildare street
    Would it be worth asking why you thought it wasn't, or should I just walk away shaking my head?
    Several people have said kildare street, but its more specific than that....

Nice try though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

It was Kildare street

Feckin' knew it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It was Kildare street

Pretty crap clue - what was the reference to 'when the streets have no snow' in connection with?
    By that standard of clue, the answer to the latest one could be Clery's clock, or the fifth step in St. Michan's vault.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Would it be worth asking why you thought it wasn't, or should I just walk away shaking my head?

The clue for monday referred to a specific building, a whole street seemed a bit broad to cover for the prize in comparison, and yesterdays loaction was very specific as well, so.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Untitled-6.jpg

Is that a question or answer Mr Esq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

dubtom wrote: »
    Is that a question or answer Mr Esq

It was my guess

Advertisement