Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone storage space not enough

• 16-12-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

If it says on the phone (HTC Desire) that there is not enough storage space:

Does this mean there are too many apps?

Or too much data?

Where is the best place to check?

What is the best way to free up space?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Usually too may apps.
    Either delete some you don't use or if you have 2.2 move some to the SD card or get a rom that allows you to move apps to Sd card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Are you rooted? Standard storage space is a joke, you really need to be rooted and running a a2sd/a2sd+ rom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

I have had the same problem recently on my HTC Desire and had to delete some unused apps to free up memory. I enquired in the shop where I purchased my phone about how to store apps on my micro SD but the have told me it is not possible. Is there any way around this, is it possible to store apps on my micro SD card? Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

If you have 2.2 install apps2sd from the market. This allows you to save a significant amount of space. To save more you'll need to root.

At least apps2sd is quick and easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Hi I used the guide in this link: http://androidforums.com/desire-tips-tricks/174345-how-move-apps-sd-card-unrooted-device-noobs-guide.html
    Its easy to follow and works great. I have managed to move most apps to my sd card now and no root needed. Some apps still cant be moved but its very very few I found so far.
    Thanks
    Gavman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

@ Gavman84 is that guide same thing as APP2SD or just moved basically everything, except the system, widget and the necessary stuff.

like gmail, facebook, google maps. Are they all moved to SD???

Hi Ya it works in the same way as app2sd pretty much. Any apps that come preinstalled on the phone still cant be moved with this guide. Any apps that you download after this will either save directly to the sd card or allow you to move them to the sd card. But facebook,gmail etc that are on phone from start cant be moved think need root to do that. Some apps I couldnt move to sd card even tho using 2.2 but after I did this I was able to move them.
    Gavman

ok thanks, i'll give it a try tonight and report tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

menu - setings - applications - manage applications

then check each one and press "move to sd card"

there are a lot of apps arent moveable though which is a pain, but most of the big space takers can be moved (games etc..)

i had to move a few more recently when installing the latest froyo (2.2) update about a week ago

this is what i do at the moment, but maybe the solution above would be different i guess !!!

anyone can confirm that??

• Advertisement

Hi Aka what I have linked to in the guide allows you to move more apps than just using the standard 2.2 functionality which is what kenyard is describing above.
    Gavman

Thanks Gavman84, I have followed this procedure and was straight forward, moved alot apps to my SD card now, but still showing low space, assuming, not 100% all apps moved, chunk of it reside in the internal memory. correct?

Hi Aka yes thats right it will still leave a small footprint in the internal memory but most of the app is on the sd card now.Just to note the proceedure wont have moved apps for you just allows you to now move most yourself.
    Gavman

you are a legend, thanks a million :)

No hassle I know its something alot of people can use and saves rooting if dont want to! Desire is a great phone!
    Gavman

Advertisement