Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What lock type is on my front door?

• 16-12-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

prob a stupid question but need to find out what the lock on my front door is. I need to replace it. I need to lift the handle up so I can turn the key to lock it.
    can just the lock be replaced or would the whole handle mechanism need to be replaced also?

cheers

Gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭rx8

Sounds like the same type of lock that's on my pvc front door.

Have a look along the edge of the door, and there should be a screw head visible level with the key-hole. Take out this screw, (could be up to 10 cm long),and the barrel of the lock should come out. This is all you need to replace. Hope it works out.
    Let us know,
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You will also need the key in the lock, and to turn it about 10 degrees one way or the other to release the lock from the door

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Many thanks for that,
    Will try it this afternoon. Does not sound too bad.

Thanks

Gar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Barrels can be replaced on doors. However sometimes the handles go and then the new handle wont match the old so the handle and the mechanism need to be replaced...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Easy as pie!
    Cheers lads.
    Now can I charge myself a callout fee without losing money?!!

Gar

• Advertisement
Advertisement