Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch - Dublin City - €5

Options
  • 16-12-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    As you could probably guess from the title I am a student. I usually buy a hot meal each day seen as I am doing engineering which is like a 9-5 job....
    I am getting bored of the canteen in the college and was wondering if there were places across the city that have deals for students during lunch time. I have found one already; Leo Burdocks has a €4.95 deal (sausages and chips with a drink)

But I was wondering if there were any more >€5 deals around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink. The Dublin City regulars will probably be able to provide better info on this topic than the 'foodies'. :)

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Moved from Food & Drink. The Dublin City regulars will probably be able to provide better info on this topic than the 'foodies'. :)

HB

Hahah I was debating that too! :D Thanks HB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

In the epicurean centre you can get a good few things in your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

enda1 wrote: »

Second this place.

Its not the fanciest cuisine in the world but when you're worried about quantity over quality, this is your best bet

enda1 wrote: »

I've been to that place but it is dearer than I expected! It's like €7 on average per plate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bring a packed lunch to leave more money in your budget for drink. :)

stovelid wrote: »
    Bring a packed lunch to leave more money in your budget for drink. :)

Hahah don't you worry I will always have money to spare for drink!
    I'm not a fan of packed lunches though especially seen as I am on the go from 8am to 6pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The Buttery cafe in Trinity will do lunch for less than a fiver.
    the Temple bar hotel has daily specials for a fiver..eg lasagne or Spaghetti Bolognaise.
    Spar in Nassau St do Filled rolls and a drink for 3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I was getting a deli roll for 2.80 in the spar down from Tara Street Station?

Degsy wrote: »
    The Buttery cafe in Trinity will do lunch for less than a fiver.
    the Temple bar hotel has daily specials for a fiver..eg lasagne or Spaghetti Bolognaise.
    Spar in Nassau St do Filled rolls and a drink for 3.50.

Ohh nice! there are two new places to try! Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

apache pizza on dame street do a nine inch with two topping for 6 quid.

colsku wrote: »
    apache pizza on dame street do a nine inch with two topping for 6 quid.

I found a pizza place on south liffey street that does a 12" pizza with 2 toppings for €5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Boojum behind jervis luas stop doing burritos for a fiver till the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Do yourself a favour and get into Honest to Goodness in the Georges St Arcade. They do a daily special of a Sandwich for €5 or Wrap. It's Really filling and tastes great, all the bread is cooked on the premises on the day. My favourite are the lamb burgers on a thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Kylemore Cafe, first floor Stephen's Green do a 4 item breakfast for €4.99. Includes tea/coffee and brown or white toast. Choose your 4 items between rashers, sausages, pudding (2 pieces = 1 item for some reason :pac: ), tomato, fried egg, beans, mushrooms & hash browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

If you think the Epicurean food hall is too expensive for all you can eat you gotta start making your own lunches. I am in full time employment and can't justify buying my lunch every day.

Tip... visit hot delis on your way home for cooked chickens. There is a good chance they will throw in a few extras instead of dumping them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Grand Social beside the ha'penny bridge (which used to be Pravda) do a bowl of stew and bread for a fiver. It's made in the Winding Stair, which is a pretty nice restaurant, so I imagine it's pretty good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

epicurean potato place, fiver for baked potato, or fiver for panini+drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Hanleys Pasties, pastie and a drink for a fiver

http://www.facebook.com/hanleyspasties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a couple of the pizza places on talbot street do a slice and a can for €3/€4

edit: the one at the connoly end is €3 and the one up near the corner of marlborough street is €4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Kylemore Cafe, first floor Stephen's Green do a 4 item breakfast for €4.99. Includes tea/coffee and brown or white toast. Choose your 4 items between rashers, sausages, pudding (2 pieces = 1 item for some reason :pac: ), tomato, fried egg, beans, mushrooms & hash browns.

Yes, but they don't cook the eggs right and the rashers shrivel to carbon once they've been on the counter 20 minutes ;) Also if you want a soft drink it's €2 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

There is a japanese take out place (with seats in the window for sitting) on liffey st where you can get a hot meal for about E5.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Dinkie wrote: »
    There is a japanese take out place (with seats in the window for sitting) on liffey st where you can get a hot meal for about E5.
    Yes, think it's called Kokoro.

Sushi King on Dawson Street is better though... I think bento box there is €10 though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

For €6.50 you can go to Spice King in Parnell St. Shopping Mall and have an all-you-can eat (including dessert). Quite tasty it is too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what kind of food

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Think there's a chinese buffet place at the junction of Liffey street upper / lower doing a all you can eat buffet for a 5er right now, can't be great for that price but should find some nice stuff.

Wok in a Box in Parnell street chinatown area does a meal for a fiver, good portion of 1 main course dish and a good portion of rice. Be careful of what you choose at it's very authentic (****e quality meat), the sweet and sour chicken is very good and always reliable.

There's a chinese buffet at the end of Marlborough street (where all the buses park) that does a good size 3in1 for a 3 euro and a buffet for around 5-7 euro I think.

I know there's not much of a choice there, they're all chineses but sure doesn't everyone love chineses. :pac:

Hate chinese :(

Hahaha I'm going to have to try all of these places out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the restaurant royale on stephen street is worth a look as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

For a cheap and easy meal, try the Madina on Parnell Street, pretty much across the road from the old Stringfellows; the one thats above a newsagents. For €5 there, you can get a mixed plate- Generally a chickpea curry/ chicken curry/ vegetable curry/ creamed spinach mix with an absolute tonne of rice and some fried chicken on top. Quite nice too.

Advertisement