Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there way to download MMS via wifi so I don't burn up my credit?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

I've got 3 MMS messages sent to my phone, but not downloaded. Can I download them to a pc or something and avoid 3G rates?

I'm with 02 payg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

:D straight to the point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

it should be free to receive mms messages, typically they use a different APN that isn't charged for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

How much do you think it's going to cost??? 3 MMS messages won't exactly "burn" up your credit!

Not near a shop at the minute, need to make some calls soon, and frankly ain't interested in paying to receive MMS.

Thought there might have been some cabbage-like hack to get MMS to your pc, bypassing the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You dont pay to receive an MMS usually

Thanks folks, just been on to customer care 10 mins ago and they said they'd send out MMS settings.

still no sign of them.

What phone and network?
    If you dont receive them theyre probably in the sticky at the top of the forum

What phone and network?
    If you dont receive them theyre probably in the sticky at the top of the forum

desire payg 02

Go to settings>wireless & networks>Mobile network settings> Access point names

Im on O2 bill-pay with a desire and im setup like this

Name: O2.ie Internet
    APN: internet
    Proxy: 62.40.32.40
    Port: 8080
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    MMS proxy: 62.40.32.40
    MMS port: 8080
    MMA Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 02
    APN Type: *

everything else is blank

• Advertisement

Thanks Chin, those settings worked.

Wouldn't want to be waiting for customer care.

Im not sure can MMS settings be sent out to Android phones. I've never been able to recieve them on my Desire or my old G1 (and I ran software from the G1, the Hero, the Legend etc on that thingy)

The rep I was speaking to was more interested in telling me about their spanking new online help system, but I managed to tell her the phone model and she said I'd have the settings in minutes.
    Thousands of minutes maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can send settings from o2.ie directly yourself> http://www.o2online.ie/Utilities/settings/default.do?wcmArea=/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Services/O2+Mobile+internet/Getting+started

And receiving mms is always free on home network.

That's handy. Was searching the site for something similar earlier, but the forum mods there seemed to refer people looking for MMS settings to the customer care line, after trying multiple different settings with the customers.
    Was it always free to receive MMS btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah MMS has always been free

Advertisement