Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry Curve 8520?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting it for christmas to replace my iPhone 1st Gen. What are the pros and cons (PAYG)

P.S yes I did say iPhone 1st Gen don't have the money any more to buy iPhones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Was given one by work in the last few days. Love it. Great for texting and emails. Seems like a good solid phone no probs at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Tin_Cup wrote: »
    Was given one by work in the last few days. Love it. Great for texting and emails. Seems like a good solid phone no probs at all
    Thanks for that... and I see that vodafone are offering free internet until Feb 2010 sweet!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sunny321

Hi, i just recently got the BB 8520 curve on Vodafone. I signed up for their Blackberry package - internet and messenger. However, the internet is painfully slow..... e.g. it can take up to 30 secs or more just to open the rte website?
    This is both using GPRS or WI-FI.
    Have other people found that or is it just an issue with my handset? Has anyone else had issues with the internet on their blackberry?

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Sunny321 wrote: »
    Hi, i just recently got the BB 8520 curve on Vodafone. I signed up for their Blackberry package - internet and messenger. However, the internet is painfully slow..... e.g. it can take up to 30 secs or more just to open the rte website?
    This is both using GPRS or WI-FI.
    Have other people found that or is it just an issue with my handset? Has anyone else had issues with the internet on their blackberry?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    The 8520 is not 3G...GPRS speeds only on Vodafone :(, so if you have access to wifi make sure that you change the default browser to "Hotspot Brower" in Options>Advanced Options>Browser>Default Browser configuration

Advertisement