Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League Final - Ballot Open

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

iTS BACK UP NOW. jUST APPLIED FOR MY 2 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm in the queue....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

In as well, would be great to get tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I applied for 2 also

Oh and by the way

'In before the barstool v LOI debate'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If half the people who applied for tickets went and supported their local team....

/Runs.

I applied. Dublin would be great craic if Rangers did get to the final.

• Advertisement

15 euro just to apply! The thievin pricks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

An administrative fee of €15 will be charged per successful ticket order.

They're some shower. Congratulations sir! Now about that fee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Xavi6 wrote: »

Thats me out so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I read it as if your lucky to get a ticket, it's €15 admin fee for printing, posting etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Yeah, that's what it is. If you get a ticket in the ballot, you've to pay €15 for 'Admin charges'. It's still expensive, but it's not €15 just to enter the ballot.

I've put myself down for 2. Went for the Category 3 seats ( of course, there's no map telling you which categories' seats are where ). I didn't ticket the box that will let me get other catergories if Category 3 are sold out. I don't fancy getting hit with 2 Category 1 seats!

J.

• Advertisement

If you get to the end of the application it says that there is a €15 fee per application. No mention of the word 'successful'.

I'll screenshot if yis want.

If you get to the end of the application it says that there is a €15 fee per application. No mention of the word 'successful'.

Go ahead, you are misreading it anyway.

Copied this from the T&C's
    Payment for the Ticket(s) can be made by using a valid credit card (Mastercard or Visa only). The total amount for the purchase price of the Ticket(s) will be charged during the period from 14 January to 26 January 2011 to the credit card specified on the Application Form and will include an administrative charge of fifteen (15) Euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Yer wrong mate, just did it myself.

Ok it's timed out but I had posted the text elsewhere. This is what I read on my receipt page -
    Administrative charges: 15 EUR is charged per application.(this is to cover printing, postage and credit card clearance costs)

No mention of successful in that so if I'm wrong then fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone else not able to log in?

I get as far as getting my ref number, I click next and it kicks me back to the log in page :confused:

Ok it's timed out but I had posted the text elsewhere. This is what I read on my receipt page -

Right I can't believe you are not getting this, why would they charge €15 and then mention it covers postage?

It's the same as a booking fee for any concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Administrative charges: 15 EUR is charged per application.(this is to cover printing, postage and credit card clearance costs)

Capture-7.png

It is worded badly though imo.

RasTa wrote: »
    Right I can't belive you are not getting this, why would they charge €15 and then mention this covers postage?

It's the same as a booking fee for any concert.

Well that was my point. Why would they? The I have there says 'per application' not 'per successful application' so forgive me for taking their words as they Re.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Why the hell is there a 'queue'? It's the internet ffs

Edit: From the T&C on UEFA's page:
    Payment for the Ticket(s) can be made by using a valid credit card (Mastercard or Visa only). The total amount for the purchase price of the Ticket(s) will be charged during the period from 14 January to 26 January 2011 to the credit card specified on the Application Form and will include an administrative charge of fifteen (15) Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

At the very least that ticketing charge is unclear.

The official FAQ states as follows:

Q6: Are there any Administration Charges in addition to the ticket prices?

A6: For each ticket order an Administration Charge will be applicable. This charge consists of administrative fees, handling fees, and delivery fees for secure mailing of tickets by express courier. The Administration charge is of 15 EUR per ticket order.

So that clearly states per order, but then goes on to mention delivery fees, which can surely only relate to actual tickets received. Can't help being a bit doubtful though when dealing with an organisation like UEFA!

Here are the ticket prices, including charges, for those who havent seen them:

Price Category 1 150 EUR
    Price Category 2 120 EUR
    Price Category 3 95 EUR
    Price Category 4 65 EUR

So dear. And its ridiculous not knowing which sections are in which category.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to log in?

I get as far as getting my ref number, I click next and it kicks me back to the log in page :confused:

Anyone???

Each ticket order means you've got the ticket, use some common sense people.

So I am the only one getting this problem??? Please god someone respond!

Yeah must be, change browser.

Only have to apply by 13 January to get into the ballot, so I'm waiting till they give more information on ticket categories.

I sent them an email asking for clarification on the fee and seating plan, will post up the response when I get it

But like The Rooster said, it's open for 4 weeks so it's hardly a big disaster if you don't get your name in today, or even this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thats copied from the screen at the end.

Price Category 1 150 EUR
    Price Category 2 120 EUR
    Price Category 3 95 EUR
    Price Category 4 65 EUR
    Crazy money for a game of football. Are they like this for all finals or just here?

Yeah doesn't work in firefox. I don't like how they say tick box if you want a ticket in another price range. Wouldn't fancy ending up paying 135 euros when I initially wanted a 50 euro one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

CiaranC wrote: »
    Crazy money for a game of football. Are they like this for all finals or just here?

Platini said the prices would be down this year compared to previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

just applied :)

category 3 I went for but ticked the box saying i'd accept any category. I wonder does mean they could lump category 1 tickets on me :eek: Ah well, not every day a European final comes to Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CiaranC wrote: »
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Platini said the prices would be down this year compared to previous years.

I paid €115 + €30 for P&P and admin fees for a Cat 2 ticket last year. Same Category ticket is €105 + €15 this year.

Daemos wrote: »
    I sent them an email asking for clarification on the fee and seating plan, will post up the response when I get it
    Here's the reply:
    FAI wrote:
    Admin fee is only for those who are successful

Categories are as follows:

Price Category 1 (centrally positioned) 135 EUR
    Price Category 2 (centrally positioned, above and next to Cat.1 tickets) 105 EUR
    Price Category 3 (behind goals, lower level) 80 EUR
    Price Category 4 (behind goals, upper level) 50 EUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I'd gladly pay €135 for a top seat in a European final. It would be worth it imo. This wont come around again for ages so here's hoping.

Yer wrong mate, just did it myself.

Hope Liverpool qualify, youd love that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Price Category 1 135 EUR
    Price Category 2 105 EUR
    Price Category 3 80 EUR
    Price Category 4 50 EUR

Am I the only one disgusted by these prices? Right fair enough, I know it's a (whisper major whisper) European tournament but that price is extortionate. I was considering going but they can go fúck off with those prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

steo87 wrote: »
    Price Category 1 135 EUR
    Price Category 2 105 EUR
    Price Category 3 80 EUR
    Price Category 4 50 EUR

Am I the only one disgusted by these prices?.

Not really, e50 is what you will pay for upper level behind goals Ireland v Wales in the upcoming 'Carling Cup' tournament.

Give me a European final any day before that dross

Not really, e50 is what you will pay for upper level behind goals Ireland v Wales in the upcoming 'Carling Cup' tournament.
    Comparing it to one of the most expensive football tickets in the world is hardly fair.

I paid 15 euro and 11 euro into the respective legs of an earlier round match for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I've registered but when i log it to chose tickets and put card details in it keeps sending me back to start. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

same:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

have it sorted now,tried firefox no joy went back with internet explorer and it worked.

steo87 wrote: »
    Price Category 1 135 EUR
    Price Category 2 105 EUR
    Price Category 3 80 EUR
    Price Category 4 50 EUR

Am I the only one disgusted by these prices? Right fair enough, I know it's a (whisper major whisper) European tournament but that price is extortionate. I was considering going but they can go fúck off with those prices.

You're even kidding yourself by quoting those prices, you need to add 15 to each.

Price Category 1 (centrally positioned) 150 EUR
    Price Category 2 (centrally positioned, above and next to Cat.1 tickets) 130 EUR
    Price Category 3 (behind goals, lower level) 95 EUR
    Price Category 4 (behind goals, upper level) 65 EUR

Interesting descriptions by the FAI. It seems that if you are not behind the goals, then you are "centrally positioned"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Fees seem standard as per previous European Finals....I think I had to pay €25 for Champions League Final a few years ago...tickets are deievered by courier and you have to sign for them which accounts for most of fee

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Seriously? I thought that was the admin fee once you got the tickets?

godtabh wrote: »
    Seriously? I thought that was the admin fee once you got the tickets?
    It is, they just phrased it poorly. Admin fee is only for successful applications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Fooking website.I cant get past the "Apply for Tickets page".

Put my details in and all,then it just brings me back to the same bloody page! Tried Firefox and Chrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

strange you can only apply for 2, usually its a 4 deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Anyone get any feedback on this? My mate has had money withdrawn from his account for tickets but no email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I would imagine they have charged people by now(everyone should be charged around he same time) so you should know by now if you have been charged, if you haven't I imagine you didn't get tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Yep been charged too but no email confirming it. Hopefully this means I've got tickets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement