Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire HD - Search People Issue?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just picked up my Desire HD droid and it's a fab phone, but one annyoying thing that keeps happening is that when I use the search button on the front of the phone to locate a contact, it keeps bringing up the wrong contact details. If I search for and locate the contact I want and then click into it, I end up in a different contact. On the other hand, if I go into 'People' and search that way it seems to work fine.

Has anyone else hit the same issue? Is this an O/S bug or do I need to configure something differently on the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

ive never use it that way to be honest because that searches everything, the way i do it and never had a problem is;

tap phone,
    search for the contact,
    tap the contact card if you want to send a text other wise just tap the person and it will call.

Alternatively if you want to send a text just browse two screens to the left and hit the three horizontal lines to write a text and then compose,and tap the person symbol to search the person.

While the phone is new your method is fine, but after a long time of use you are searching stuff you dont need to and will bring up text messages/search history etc when there is no need.

hope this helps

Advertisement