Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulster bank online shockingly bad!

Options
  • 16-12-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

From the get go Ive had problems everytime i try to login into UB online. I duno how many times ive had to get new activation codes posted out to the house to set up my pin and password again and few days later I cant get in again.
    this morning same thing happens. I filled out the details they required like name, email, DOB, bank a/c number..this is where I usually hear back that activation code will be in post except this time I was able to set a new password and pin and get straight in me account...yeay i think til i realise that anyone could have had my bank account number would be able to do same thing! :mad:

anyone else find ulster bank online really bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Actually i have to say I haven't. I joined them about a year ago and while I had no issues with my previous bank, Ulster bank was actually better online. The only thing that annoys me is the card reader thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I have never had any trouble with them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I've been with them about 3 years now for my mortgage and I've never had an issue logging in or using the service. Only logged in this morning to check something and there was no problem at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

No major problem here either tbh. One major gripe I have is the service being 'Currently Unavailable' in the middle of the night. Fair enough they need to do maintenance or whatever but kinda defeats the purpose of 'Anytime Banking'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

been using anytime for years and dead handy and easy to use. bit of a nuiscance at times when u need that little card reader but alot quicker then boi. the only issue i have with anytime and it might just be my account is that you cant set up for international payments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭AngryLips

My only stupid experience with UB online banking is that, a while ago, every time I tried to transfer funds they kept prompting me to order a security card and reader in order to do so and ever since getting it I've never been asked to use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

THat's because it's only for use when setting up a payment/doing the first transfer. Subsequent transfers to same details don't need to be authorised using the reader.

Advertisement