Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile - Web Texts on the Way.

Options
  • 16-12-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from them saying:-
    Yes we will be bringing a web texts service in early next year, we will be letting all our customers know when this comes into affect.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Yes we will be bringing a web texts service in early next year, we will be letting all our customers know when this comes into affect.

Nearly inta May now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

They have said that they are hoping to get them by this summer hopefully they do would be a nice extra to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi Guys

Yes, we are working on this. Will let you know dates when I can be more precise.

Besides from getting lots of free texts what is important in terms of features for people who webtext?

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Free international webtexts facility
    Import/export contacts

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

not important but would be nice, if we could send a few smilies in them.
    :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Ah pity they hadn't this implimented last Sunday when I was switching networks. I was so close to selecting Tesco except there was no webtext. 300 webtexts should be the minimum but possibly more and the ability to send them abroad like vodafone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

And if you cannot get the full international text range, the UK should be within your capability, as you probably have good deals with the providers there.

O2 allow a full range of characters be used in their webtext
    € Garçon Wrocław féin etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I'm sure the coders around here would like if you don't make it too difficult for them to incorporate to their existing "use your web texts from your phone" apps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

If your sending more than 160 characters combine them so its one message and not multiple messages O2 do this you can send up to 1000 characters at a time.

Please don't put any tagging at the end of message i.e "Sent form Tesco Web Text"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

Hi Guys

Yes, we are working on this. Will let you know dates when I can be more precise.

Besides from getting lots of free texts what is important in terms of features for people who webtext?

regards
    Paul

MAybe actually getting to the webtexts, instead of just broken promises about them, would be important to most people.
    Vapourware?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

Bens wrote: »
    MAybe actually getting to the webtexts, instead of just broken promises about them, would be important to most people.
    Vapourware?

You let the competition put their cards on the table first,then you play your trumps.;)

Advertisement