Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Range Rover

• 16-12-2010 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi

A buddy of mine is looking for a 2004/5 Range Rover Vogue - he wants the gas guzzling 4.4 petrol (don't ask!). He's been over the Carzones etc and can't find anything that's clean enough and fits the bill. He's budgeted 15k - will he get one for this - any ideas where ?

Thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

He'll find plenty in the UK, I doubt very much whether he'll find a decent petrol one over here. £12 -15k should find a very good UK 4.4 Rangie, trouble is you're going to get hit with a huge VRT bill and the car will be fairly worthless here cos he'd never shift a big petrol on in the future.

The 2.7 V6 diesel is a very good engine but doubt his budget wouldn't stretch to a 3.0 V8 diesel which is a fantastic engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I drove a 04 4.4v8 for 6 months....the fuel consumption would be best described as criminal. The needle in the tank was pointing towards empty after 220miles......think i was doing 13mpg.

If you can put petrol aside it was a magnificent beast but christ the petrol lark was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

They do a supercharged 5.0 V8 petrol, mainly for the American market, cane that and you're in to single figures :eek:

When the Range Rover came out 40 years ago, the 3.5 V8 did about 12-14mpg. The current V8 diesel is a lot heavier, has better performance and does 30mpg, some difference and it's reckoned the next generation will be good for 40mpg. Not sure you'd be still able to service it and get all the parts 40 years down the line though! :rolleyes:

Advertisement