Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on apartment

Options
  • 16-12-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some advice. I'm coming up to my 2nd year in my lease in a 2nd floor apartment in Woodford, Wheaton Hall. My house mate is moving out. I'm currently payin €600 but I cant really afford that by myself. I asked the landlord and she said she could do €560. Should I take it or could I get more off, at that its still a bit muchj. Was hoping to have €500 max

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I would start looking for another place. You will get cheaper somewhere.
    If you have to stay, don't get tied down to a too long contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Smokecloak

I would,nt go above 500e for it. Plenty of places at 500e, and a bit less...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

thats my issue, im workin in dublin so wheaton hall is ideal.

Dont have to pay toll, pretty much anywhere else in the town (worth looking at. (80 -90€ in tolls)
    Dont pay bins (25€)
    my front door is inside so protected a bit from the cold, which saves on heating. Like to make them savings in another place id be looking at a 450 apartment and there aint much. might just try get a few more €€s off. What would be reasonable. I dont understand rental market at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

560 for a 2 bed apartment in wheaton hall is a very good price imo. you could get an apartment in the town for 500 but they will be in the likes of coach house, or kermon abbey and they are no where near as nice as wheaton hall. if you get somewhere for 450 it will be a kip unless you know someone with a place and they give you it for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

`cheers guys, you just elaberated what i was thinking already. think ill stick with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

This time of the year is traditionally slow for the rental market - come the new year there will be a lot more properties available so I would avoid signing a new lease until the very last minute.
    More properties available mean more landlords competing for tenants and you could get lucky with a great place at cheap money.

I wouldn't consider the likes of kermon house - they're cheap for a reason.

Advertisement