Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Book Shops

Options
  • 16-12-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Where can I find them in the city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Villette

The best one is Connolly's (I think that's what it's called anyway!), it's on Paul St, next to the shopping centre, you can't miss it.
    UCC bookshop has a few second hand books, mostly academic, but also some very cheap fiction that is on the student reading lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Vibes and scribes on bridge street is good too, worth the walk for the coffee nextdoor if nothing else! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

There's also 'youneedabook' (I think) beside the Bagle Factory at the Grand Parade end of Oliver Plunkett street.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

georges quay,douglas street,charity shop on castle street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Villette wrote: »
    The best one is Connolly's (I think that's what it's called anyway!), it's on Paul St, next to the shopping centre, you can't miss it.
    +1 on this.
    Best SH bookshop in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

+1 on this.
    Best SH bookshop in the city.

Is it really? I always use V&S, maybe just cause there's a coffee-shop next door ;) What makes you say they are the best?

Malari wrote: »
    Is it really? I always use V&S, maybe just cause there's a coffee-shop next door ;) What makes you say they are the best?

Simple answer, I'm biased. :D
    I've often gone in there looking for an obscure book and when I mention it to yer man he walks straight over to a shelf and picks out the book. That has happened to me quite a few times.
    My routine would be, if I'm looking for a particular book Connolly's first (asking himself if he's there), then Vibes.
    Vibes is v good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Simple answer, I'm biased. :D
    I've often gone in there looking for an obscure book and when I mention it to yer man he walks straight over to a shelf and picks out the book. That has happened to me quite a few times.
    My routine would be, if I'm looking for a particular book Connolly's first (asking himself if he's there), then Vibes.
    Vibes is v good though.

Oh fair enough. I guess I go in and browse mostly, rather than look for specific titles. Do they buy back old books too?

Malari wrote: »
    Oh fair enough. I guess I go in and browse mostly, rather than look for specific titles. Do they buy back old books too?
    They use too alright, (if they don't have a few already, and if he has space).

..and no sign of nor thanks from the OP :rolleyes: Should people be kicked from boards if, after say 50 posts, they haven't been seen to make a contribution nor show appreciation for help given to them? OT I guess and a debate for some other thread surely. Probably in AH. It shouldn't really get to me but it does :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

Connolly's is the best so. Do they have many sports books. By the way, Lemag shut ur face.

By the way, Lemag shut ur face.
    Nice! Good luck getting further help here with your pleasant and appreciative attitude. AFAIK Connelly's do have a fairly good selection on popular pshchology books. It might interest you to enquire about one with a title like 'how to be a nicer person'*

*probably not very wise of me to feed the troll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

wow!! and here i am to put a spanner in the works but lemag have you ever thought that the OP maybe doesn't have the internet and didn't get a chance to get back to the thread until today! C'mon it was only 24 hours since the thread was started. Maybe you should check up the psychology section for a book about "having patience".

nursemar88 wrote: »
    wow!! and here i am to put a spanner in the works but lemag have you ever thought that the OP maybe doesn't have the internet and didn't get a chance to get back to the thread until today! C'mon it was only 24 hours since the thread was started. Maybe you should check up the psychology section for a book about "having patience".
    That would be a fair point but..
    qrFOb.jpg
    and..
    Lemag shut ur face.

[/rant]

My new year's resolution = no more ranting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Lemag wrote: »
    That would be a fair point but..
    qrFOb.jpg
    and..

[/rant]

My new year's resolution = no more ranting ;)
    touche :)

Just to add my tuppence worth, Sometimes if I'm busy on a (or number of) forum/s I can forget to check on something I posted, as with a lot of people. Because you can never tell what someones situation is, it is always best to give someone a day or 2 to reply.

Now that said, I notice corcaighabu92 you didn't thank or even acknowledge a single person for helping you with your query and only commented on what the best bookshop was, (no comment on the other comment).
    People generally do consider this a bit rude.

Advertisement