Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uefa Champions League Knock Out draw friday 11am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Roma v FC Shakhtar Donetsk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

interesting to see if Shakhtar can go far this season.

here's Milan and....Spurs!

AC Milan v Tottenham :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bale goes back to the San Siro. I got one of my wishes. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Spurs get Ac Milan.

Think they will beat em to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

****! Valencia were the worst team that could have come up there!

next up Valencia and Schalke, there will be some pretty sub standard teams in the quarters it would seem

Inter and Bayern,

Bayern and Shalke gone. Arsenal will be playing Real or Barca, we're fucked.

• Advertisement

Real and Lyon, same game as they got knocked out in last season, will be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

poor arsenal....

Ugh, not Barca again:(

Marseille v Real Madrid
    Arsenal v Barcelona

LOL

Arsenal vs Barca. Another wish granted. :D

United get Marseille. Not bad. Could have been far worse. Chelsea got the best draw. Poor Arsenal. :pac:

• Advertisement

Marseille v Manchester United

your man coming out with the wisecracks :D

Good draw for the English teams bar Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

chelski get the cushy one again...copenhagen:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

lucky chelsea

BERBA wrote: »
    Utd get the cushy one again...copenhagen:rolleyes:
    Yeah, except they didn't :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gotcha before the ninja edit, you probably had it pre written

• Advertisement

Utd get the cushy one again...copenhagen:rolleyes:

Love the ninja edit. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

chelsea in easiest draw shocker, again...

could be worse for united, will take nothing for granted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Arsenal, ugh.

I demand a recount!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Arsene Wenger only has himself to blame for this draw.

he'll publically say that 'you've to beat the best', but deep down, he can't want Barca.

if he'd just put the group to rest, he'd have avoided all of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

bye bye arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Going to be a tough draw for us gunners alright. Two months is a long time though, so hopefully we will be in better form. Lets just hope that its a full strength Arsenal and Barcelona this time round. May as well get a difficult team early, as in 2006 we got Real Madrid in this round and eventually got to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yep its bye bye Arsenal. They would have a big chance against any other side in the competition imo.

Fabregas got his Christmas wish - he's going to Barca after all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

chelski get the cushy one again...copenhagen:rolleyes:
    you obviously haven't seen Copenhagen play.
    They're a pretty good side.

Going to be a tough draw for us gunners alright. Two months is a long time though, so hopefully we will be in better form. Lets just hope that its a full strength Arsenal and Barcelona this time round. May as well get a difficult team early, as in 2006 we got Real Madrid in this round and eventually got to the final.

HUGE difference between Real Madrid 06 and Barca 2010.

• Advertisement

Arsenal are in form. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah, except they didn't :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gotcha before the ninja edit, you probably had it pre written

Ha well stung there berba. Pathetic

Tough enough one for United, Marseille have some decent players, Also Heinze back at Old Trafford!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Arsenal and Spurs out in the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

HUGE difference between Real Madrid 06 and Barca 2010.

Yeah I know that, but everyone was writing us off back then as having no chance against Real Madrid. Obviously everyone thinks its a foregone conclusion that Barcelona will rip us apart. Sure we will see what the form book is like in February and its very important that Fabregas, Van Persie and Vermaelen are fit and ready to go by then.

Arsenal could take Barca this season I reckon. Nasri, Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin and Chamakh in a 4-4-2 could hurt Barca I reckon at the Emirates

Arsenal could take Barca this season I reckon. Nasri, Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin and Chamakh in a 4-4-2 could hurt Barca I reckon at the Emirates
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If you play 4-4-2 against Barca you don't see the ball for 90 mins. That would literally be suicide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mullery wrote:
    Spurs have no fear going to the san siro they know they can score goals there, they were brilliant the last time they were there.......except for the 4 goals conceded

:D:D:D

Clever lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Woulda rathered a slightly tougher draw, but will live with it.

Happy with Arsenal vs. Barca and Inter vs. Bayern. Both of these will see a real challenger to United go out.

I think Spurs will beat Milan.

Chelsea, Valencia, Roma and Madrid to go through.

• Advertisement

The Arsenal side that went there last time were crippled with injuries. If they have everybody fit then I think they have a chance. They will need to catch Barca on an off day though imo.

eZe^ wrote: »
    If you play 4-4-2 against Barca you don't see the ball for 90 mins. That would literally be suicide.
    I wouldn't say that tbh, if you match up man for man you're just going to let the superior players be superior, give Barca something to think about when you're at home anf don't let them play their game would be the way to play imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

SlickRic wrote: »
    Arsene Wenger only has himself to blame for this draw.

he'll publically say that 'you've to beat the best', but deep down, he can't want Barca.

if he'd just put the group to rest, he'd have avoided all of this.

He is right though, if they want to win they would be playing Barca or Real or whoever in the quarters or semis anyways, its probably worth a few quid to the club thats all they will be missing.

Saying that i wouldn't write off Arsenal just yet, they will have to improve between now and then but i wouldn't completley write them off are Barca can be beat.

Nice draw for Man U and Chelsea, Spurs v Milan should be a great game, both teams should be pretty even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

chelsea in easiest draw shocker, again...

could be worse for united, will take nothing for granted though.

Again?

PHB wrote: »
    I think Spurs will beat Milan.

I agree with you mate. People here seem to be naturally scared of Milan, which is justified, but I've watched them in the CL this season, and their ball retention is absolutely fcuking woeful. In both games against Madrid they could hardly string two passes together, and resorted to kicking Ronaldo for the game. If Spurs can control the tempo of the game, they'll absolutely maul Milan, especially on quick counters. I'll stick my neck out here, and say if Ronaldinho plays both legs, then Spurs will comfortably qualify. He is so lazy and lackadaisical on the ball it's untrue, he'll cost his team the tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

The Arsenal side that went there last time were crippled with injuries. If they have everybody fit then I think they have a chance. They will need to catch Barca on an off day though imo.

Arsenal have no real chance of getting through that tie over two legs, although I would like to see them doing it, I cant see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd say the best way to play Barca is 5-0-5 with a couple of big lads up front and just lump every time you get a chance.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

If I'm looking at the draw right the 2nd leg for Arsenal is the Nou Camp which goes against them as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd say the best way to play Barca is 5-0-5 with a couple of big lads up front and just lump every time you get a chance.:D

either that or have paul scholes on the pitch!! :D

Manchester+United+v+Barcelona+UEFA+Champions+6s9bLLGVAU1l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

They need to catch them on 2 off days.

Sorry but no chance.

either that or have paul scholes on the pitch!! :D

That only works if you can put in a defensive masterclass that the likes of Brown, Ferdinand, and Hargreaves did that night! Arsenal won't have Sagna at the Emirates either, which is a massive blow thanks to his silly red card!

• Advertisement
Advertisement