Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uefa Champions League Knock Out draw friday 11am

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

If arsenal field there absolute best team and are fit they have a chance imo, fancy spurs utd and chelsea to go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

nuxxx wrote: »
    If arsenal field there absolute best team and are fit they have a chance imo, fancy spurs utd and chelsea to go through

If Arsenal go out and try to play their usual way Barca will hammer them. Barca are the best footballing side on the planet by a considerable distance. The only way to beat them is as someone mentioned above, frustrate them and not let them play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hyzepher wrote: »
    All this talk of Arsenal having no chance is a load of crap. Even last year after going 2-0 down they actually took the overall lead over in Spain. This was without anything close to their full strength team and playing worst than they are this year.

No doubt it will be a difficult game but I guarentee that Barca arn't overly happy with the draw.

Correct, Barcelona will of course be favourites but Arsenal will give them a good test. Here is the Arsenal line-up from the 2nd leg last season:

Almunia
    Sagna --- Vermaelen --- Silvestre --- Clichy
    Nasri --- Denilson --- Diaby
    Walcott
    Bendtner
    Rosicky

And the bench was unbelievably weak: Fabianski, Eboue, Traore, Campbell, Eastmond, Merida, Eduardo.

Put Fabianski/Szczesny, Koscielny/Djourou, Song, Fabregas, Arshavin, van Persie and Chamakh into that first XI and it is far stronger. Obviously injuries are always an issue with Arsenal but if they can field close to a first choice XI in both legs then it will be a hell of a tie.

lol.

C'mon, at least try and muster up some sort of reply.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    unless Barca, Utd, Madrid, Chelsea and Arsenal all go out, and Inter and Bayern don't improve, then sorry, it's not happening.

they'll beat AC IMO, but as soon as they come up against a team with better players, who play with the same intensity, and/or a team whose tactically more astute than Harry, or a team which exhibits both, they will be shown up.

the spine is far too fragile to win a Champions League.

The way they have been playing at home in the CL has been very impressive. Obviously Barca are the team to beat but it's the CL, and the draw can play a huge part.

United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Munich would hardly be deadcerts to beat Spurs and they've already beaten Inter this year.

I wouldn't be too dismissive of them. Cast your mind back to 2005, underdogs and momentum... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Lyon to knock Real Madrid out for the second time in two years?

Should be a great contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Prufrock wrote: »
    Lyon to knock Real Madrid out for the second time in two years?

Hopefully. Can't understand all the ire that Barca draw on these forums, when a club like Real Madrid is around. Go Lyon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

#15 wrote: »
    Hopefully. Can't understand all the ire that Barca draw on these forums, when a club like Real Madrid is around. Go Lyon!

Madrid have the much loved Ronaldo don't you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

lol, only saw one sole reply towards Madrid-Lyon in all this thread, then get to the last page and see 3! I think it is extremely dodgy, it could be 0-0 in France and Lyon would still be favourites in my eyes. Madrid need to get 1 or 2 in France to ease the nerves.

Does anyone know the outline of the CL after this stage? Who will face who out of the teams who wins? I am not sure if it is pre-determined or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

CorkMan wrote: »
    lol, only saw one sole reply towards Madrid-Lyon in all this thread, then get to the last page and see 3! I think it is extremely dodgy, it could be 0-0 in France and Lyon would still be favourites in my eyes. Madrid need to get 1 or 2 in France to ease the nerves.

Does anyone know the outline of the CL after this stage? Who will face who out of the teams who wins? I am not sure if it is pre-determined or not.

It's not, open draw after the next round.

Advertisement