Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 & adding new payees

Options
  • 16-12-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else find the process of setting up a new payee on 365 a pain the backside because its such a slow backward process. Up to today I always had to create the new payee and then wait for a pin code to come out in the post and then when that arrived i could activate the new payee and make my payments. Today Ive just been in to create a new payee and was asked if i wanted the activation codes by mobile phone to which I happily did, entered mobile no and email then to be told an activation code would be sent out to me by post so i could activate receipt of codes to mobile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

neris wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the process of setting up a new payee on 365 a pain the backside because its such a slow backward process. Up to today I always had to create the new payee and then wait for a pin code to come out in the post and then when that arrived i could activate the new payee and make my payments. Today Ive just been in to create a new payee and was asked if i wanted the activation codes by mobile phone to which I happily did, entered mobile no and email then to be told an activation code would be sent out to me by post so i could activate receipt of codes to mobile.

Its a bit of a pain but its for your security, thats all. If someone hacked your account you wouldnt want them to be able to transfer money out just like that.

By sending this out and you activating the mobile it confirms its a valid mobile for the account holder and this secures each future transfer with the activation code to the mobile.

It was more of a pain when they didnt have mobile activation codes. Its simplier now but just takes a little time to get setup, not that big of a deal i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

neris wrote: »

Mobile verification is only a one off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

They are one of the more 'labour intensive' banks with their internet security though. One of the reasons I don't bank with them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I'd agree, it is a massive pain in the ass. Having said that, it does give me a warm fuzzy feeling that they take security seriously....

Advertisement