Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a good quality soldering iron?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I want to do some electrical work on my planes to fit UBECS as failsafes in case of problems with the escs in my planes. I tried a couple of model shops at lunchtime but they don't stock soldering irons. Where could I get a good quality 40w one?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Get a 80-100W one! You will be glad you did later.
    A 40W is only enough for thin wires, or where the tip of it is bulky, with a metal reservoir to hold heat.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I use a gas soldering iron and find it very handy, you can get them in halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

maplin sell iron's or you could try here http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Antex @ Maplin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

DealExtreme have 60w irons for under a tenner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement