Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB speed dropped to 5meg

Options
  • 16-12-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

My BB speed has dropped to 5meg for the last couple of weeks, as I'm 24meg packet was getting average speed 16meg, would you guys checks see if I'm sync correctly

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

My BB speed has dropped to 5meg for the last couple of weeks, as I'm 24meg packet was getting average speed 16meg, would you guys checks see if I'm sync correctly

Thanks

HI thechronicit

If you PM me your line no I will have this issue investigated.

Tony

Thanks

Hi thechronicit

I have taken a line and sync test and both show strong readings. I can see no reason why you should have experienced such a severe drop in speed..
    If this is still an issue I would suggest you call 1890260260 and have them open a ticket on this. If you want to PM me the fault ref no. when logged I will chase this for you.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭thechronicit

Hi thechronicit

I have taken a line and sync test and both show strong readings. I can see no reason why you should have experienced such a severe drop in speed..
    If this is still an issue I would suggest you call 1890260260 and have them open a ticket on this. If you want to PM me the fault ref no. when logged I will chase this for you.
    Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply, apparently you are right about the correct syncs, as I done a test on another machine its reaches full potential so therefore I will have to do a complete uninstalls on my laptop, I did done a through scanning with anti-virus software, which I sets the heuristic scanning to high & to scans for root-kits, found nothing. I also had a look at Firewall setting, seem okay, I thinks there must be something running in the background that be slowing speed, I'm also going through the commands to checks the auto-runs and disables it. I will let you know when I finishes the reinstall.

Thanks

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply, apparently you are right about the correct syncs, as I done a test on another machine its reaches full potential so therefore I will have to do a complete uninstalls on my laptop, I did done a through scanning with anti-virus software, which I sets the heuristic scanning to high & to scans for root-kits, found nothing. I also had a look at Firewall setting, seem okay, I thinks there must be something running in the background that be slowing speed, I'm also going through the commands to checks the auto-runs and disables it. I will let you know when I finishes the reinstall.

Thanks
    Ok thechronicit

let me know if this does not resolve.
    Happy Christmas:D
    Tony

Hi there Tony,

After done the full clean uninstalled on my computer, unfortunately the results the same, only managing to get 6.5Megs to 7Megs. I bought another new laptop checked the download speed on the new laptop results the same as above, as you said my profile is syncs correctly, obviously there is somewrong somewhere down on the line. I don't know if there is interference on the line, personally it needed checking out. I was getting excellent download speed of 17.5Megs on the 24Megs package until about 6 weeks ago it drops to 5Megs, now 5Megs is not the service I am paying for, if you know what I mean, I am paying for the top BB package of 24Megs in which I am entitle to get. On another note the connections cut off every 30 to 60 minutes in which I have to reboots to get reconnect, wonder does the Modem firmware need updating. I would like a modem that support the N and G wireless connections as my present Modem only support the G wireless connection as my new laptop has N wireless and old one has G so new modem with both N & G connections should be sent down to me.

• Advertisement

Hi there Tony,

After done the full clean uninstalled on my computer, unfortunately the results the same, only managing to get 6.5Megs to 7Megs. I bought another new laptop checked the download speed on the new laptop results the same as above, as you said my profile is syncs correctly, obviously there is somewrong somewhere down on the line. I don't know if there is interference on the line, personally it needed checking out. I was getting excellent download speed of 17.5Megs on the 24Megs package until about 6 weeks ago it drops to 5Megs, now 5Megs is not the service I am paying for, if you know what I mean, I am paying for the top BB package of 24Megs in which I am entitle to get. On another note the connections cut off every 30 to 60 minutes in which I have to reboots to get reconnect, wonder does the Modem firmware need updating. I would like a modem that support the N and G wireless connections as my present Modem only support the G wireless connection as my new laptop has N wireless and old one has G so new modem with both N & G connections should be sent down to me.

Any update guys? I'm still getting disconnected every 30 to 60 minutes, having to reboots the computers to repair the connections, still not getting the speed what I'm paying for, still only getting between 5 to 6 megs.:mad:

Hi thechronicit
    apologies for late reply we were not on Boards over the NewYear period.
    I have taken line sync and connection tests again and all show very good readings, so I am unable to diagnose the issue from here.
    I would have to advise that you give out technical support team a call on 1890260260 as further troubleshooting will have to be carried out. You should ensure that you have connected by ethernet cable into main socket before calling tech support.
    If you call them you should be given a ref no. PM this ref no to me and I can chase from this side.
    Tony

Will do thanks

Advertisement