Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoters and Agents

Options
  • 16-12-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Has anyone noticed over the last couple of months, the number of promoters of products at the enterance of Tesco, in the Dundalk Shopping Centre? Standing at little stalls, nearly demanding that the people buy their products. Gas,Electric, Insurance, Sky, Clubcards, Wifi, and more. Some of them have girls walking around accross the enterance, to make sure the people stop. Can,t take No for an answer either. Most people are getting fed up with them, from what I can see. I know I am .You,r faced with them every day,I,m tired saying No to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aardvark1

Tesco is an evil, greedy conglomerate bleeding suppliers dry with their hard-ball negotiating. They continually shut their doors to Irish suppliers of and replace them with cheaper English ones. I am not surprised at all by this recent endeavor to bleed more cash from vendors. I have nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Smokecloak

I did notice the big increse of british products on Tesco shelves here, in the last year. And a lot with the pound sterling price tag still on them. ????? Whats going on?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've noticed the one in Drogheda is the same. Constantly someone from Sky, Airtricity or some photo crowd there, accosting people as they leave.

However my real annoyance with Tescos is that Ken Hom's deleicious Chicken and Noodle ready meal bowls have been out of stock for weeks now :mad:

It must be a Tesco thing, this. These people are not out in the mall,where theres plenty of room, they,r positioned inside Tesco,across the enterance. Strange, never see them in any other supermarket, in the malls, yes, not in the shop itself. I also notice that if something is selling well for awhile, it suddenly disappears of the shelves for a month or two. It must be to force customers to buy the things around it that are not selling well. I could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Best reply to any cold sales team is either: - thanks I already have it

OR

Sorry but I dont speak English.

both accompanied with a nice smile.

• Advertisement

Thats the answer they get, but you have to say it every day. Better not look at them at all, just walk past them. Yesterday when I was in Tesco, a bird landed at my feet. Did,nt seem to mind the people. Took off across the shelves then. Staff says it there awhile now. Better than out in the freeze, I suppose....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Smokecloak wrote: »
    Thats the answer they get, but you have to say it every day. Better not look at them at all, just walk past them. Yesterday when I was in Tesco, a bird landed at my feet. Did,nt seem to mind the people. Took off across the shelves then. Staff says it there awhile now. Better than out in the freeze, I suppose....

I remember a few years ago in Clearwater I saw birds flying around the store and going underneath the aisles - I reported it to a staff member and he said that yeah they've been here a while - they can't get rid of them.
    I love birds, put food out in feeders for them etc, but I assume it's a breach of H&S to have them loose in a food store where they have a bakery, meat counter etc?

Yes, I wondered about the health issues. Someone, who worked there some years ago, told me the stores were alive with mice too. All big buildings are,of course. I check all cartons, bread, ect ect...before I buy them.

Advertisement