Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modular grades explained, which one?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I just got an assignment back which I got a C in, on this page (http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

it gives the percentage you have gotten for that grade. My question is, which one have they used? Have I got 53.33%, 56.66% or 55%? It's to help me calculate whether I'm gonna fail or not, so would appreciate some answers, a difference in percent goes a long way!
    Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

You don't get a percentage for a grade, you get a grade for a percentage.
    If you are adding percentages then you are almost certainly not doing it right. But if you somehow did need to add a grade and a percentage then the calculation point on page 2 would suggest that 55% is used for a C.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

deereidy wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I just got an assignment back which I got a C in, on this page (http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

it gives the percentage you have gotten for that grade. My question is, which one have they used? Have I got 53.33%, 56.66% or 55%? It's to help me calculate whether I'm gonna fail or not, so would appreciate some answers, a difference in percent goes a long way!
    Thanks in advance :D

If you were given back just a grade they will use the calculation point of 55% when calculating your overall mark.

Advertisement