Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pick up and play games..

• 16-12-2010 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

I saw a thread earlier someone asking about good 1player games.

Unfortunately I really dont have the time to be sittin down for 30 mins never mind 200hrs!!!

So my favourite type of games are arcadey games. Ones I can pick up play for a half hour without having to set things up etc.. ie just pick up and play type games.

I know they're not to everyones taste but suit me.

Games I have that get played most are:

Fifa 10 - quick game of footie, online or against the computer.
    Sega Rally - I love this game sad as that is reminds me of the good ol days.
    Street Fighter - I know this is an in depth game but its still pick up and play also.
    Halo 3 - I know its old but I'm gonna wait for reach to go down in price plus I still think its deadly.
    Modern Warfare 1 - Same deal as halo. Will get Black ops just not yet.

They're the ones I'm playing at the moment.

I did play a lot of Gears 2 on Horde mode when that first came out also.

Any other ideas of pick up and play games???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Im the same i love arcadey games...mainly because theyre good if youre sitting around with a few mates, quick games means everyone gets to play a good bit..

NHL 3v3 Arcade - Quick game of mental hockey with fun powerups, multiplayer too
    Trials HD - Brilliant trial biking game
    Doritos Crash Course - total wipeout style game, great fun, multiplayer too
    Tekken 6 - great fighting game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ikaruga
    Puzzle Quest 1 and 2
    N+
    Metal Slug 3
    Super Meat Boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Chime is a good one on XBLA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Crackdown 1 & 2. Throw cars around, blow things up, drive over things, jump over buildings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Korvanica wrote: »

NHL 3v3 Arcade - Quick game of mental hockey with fun powerups, multiplayer too
    Trials HD - Brilliant trial biking game
    Doritos Crash Course - total wipeout style game, great fun, multiplayer too
    Tekken 6 - great fighting game

Doritos Crash Course is also free, happy days!!

I've just got myself Zuma aswell and it's highly addictive. I'd also add in Splosion Man. Very easy to clear a few levels in a 30 minute session but 50 levels means you'll get great bang for your buck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Geometry Wars 2
    Super Meat Boy

Can't think of too many full retail games that fit the bill... Maybe something like Rock Band 3?
    Or maybe a racing game like Burnout Paradise? (always good for a quick blast around Paradise City!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Off the top of my head Peggle. But have to say I really enjoy Chime. Think the music helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Well with an emphasis on online pay i would recommend battlefield bad company 2, it also has a new dlc coming out on 22nd of december so online community will pick back up. Its a great game with more fcous on teamwork and less rushy than COD.
    Fight night round 3/4 are both great games and you can jump in and out after every match.
    Just make sure you dont buy the new medal of honor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Fatal fury 2
    Samurai shodown 2
    King of fighters 98,2002
    South park tower defense
    Crystal defenders
    Super street fighter II HD Remix
    Puzzle fighter....

There's loads really on xbla, just downloading the trials is your best bet so you can see if you like them.

For a full retail game I recommend Ultimate mega drive collection. Should be able to get it cheap too. Samurai shodown sen is going cheap now days. It's not as good as it's 2-D predecessors but it's fast, fun and ultra violent. Soul Calibur 4 and Bayonetta are two others worth a go.

Advertisement