Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst gig in years

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Blink 182 in the Point round 2005ish. Liked em a lot when I was 11/12 so thought i'd go along with the lads for some nostalgia.

Grown married men jumping round in shorts playing 4-chord shallow love songs to 13 year old little ****s. And the obligitory drum solo and immature humour. Was at the front for the start with great expectations, after first two songs hopped over the railing and went to the back. I was embarressed to be there,even as 16 year old.

Oh and helping doing the sound for The Blizzards and Fight like Apes. Ugh.

Wait,wait,wait. Worst was The Coronas playing their songs in the band area of The Indiependence Festival. Yeah,when Alabama 3 did it,it was class. No one wanted to hear those talentless **** rags play to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

godscop wrote: »
    what was the worst gig you went to ?
    Elton john last night was the worst gig ive been to in years

Hey I know this is an old thread but I just came across it while searching and I do have one question to ask.

How could Elton John be so bad?????

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hey I know this is an old thread but I just came across it while searching and I do have one question to ask.

How could Elton John be so bad?????

I can only guess he was at The Point when Elton was in a foul, foul mood and just went through the motions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

BickNarry wrote: »
    Blink 182 in the Point round 2005ish. Liked em a lot when I was 11/12 so thought i'd go along with the lads for some nostalgia.

Grown married men jumping round in shorts playing 4-chord shallow love songs to 13 year old little ****s. And the obligitory drum solo and immature humour. Was at the front for the start with great expectations, after first two songs hopped over the railing and went to the back. I was embarressed to be there,even as 16 year old.

Oh and helping doing the sound for The Blizzards and Fight like Apes. Ugh.

Wait,wait,wait. Worst was The Coronas playing their songs in the band area of The Indiependence Festival. Yeah,when Alabama 3 did it,it was class. No one wanted to hear those talentless **** rags play to themselves.
    ah since when are The Coronas talentless ? Thats your opinion ,that you may not like them .But they are pretty good , have their own sound and theres no way you could say they are talentless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

eternal wrote: »
    ah since when are The Coronas talentless ? Thats your opinion ,that you may not like them .But they are pretty good , have their own sound and theres no way you could say they are talentless.

WHAT?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

ricero wrote: »
    radiohead in malahide castle thom yorkes a knob head wouldn't play one song from there first 3 albums and i was surrounded by music snobs doing e tabs dressed like hippies :mad:

well i hate to prove you wrong (nah i love it) BUT:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2008/malahide-castle-dublin-ireland-3d6bda3.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2008/malahide-castle-dublin-ireland-bd6bdae.html

4 tunes off of the first three albums were played at both shows. I can't understand "fans" who attend shows and complain that the artist in question didnt play enough old material. The artist in question is there to promote the latest album

if you want to see a band play a shed load of hits then go watch Bon Jovi or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Radiohead at Malahide was terrible, they lacked energy and were far better in 2006. I've gone off them completely, I tried to like the post OK Computer work but meh I think it plain sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Radiohead at Malahide was terrible, they lacked energy and were far better in 2006. I've gone off them completely, I tried to like the post OK Computer work but meh I think it plain sucks.

I couldn't disagree more. Awesome gig IMO :)
    eternal wrote: »

Hahaha. Thank you, I needed that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

The Vines at the Ambassador theatre i think in 2004 the gig was. It was so bad it was good, i don't think they finished a song and the former bass player so wanted to knock Frontman Craig nicholls out. finding out later Nicholls had Asperger syndrome probably counted for the mayhem but it did put me off the band after i left that gig.

Oasis at Slane 2009, you could sense the writing was on the wall. Poor performance, also having to follow Kasabain and The Prodigy didn't help them. Also Glasvegas were awful that day.

Arctic Monkeys at 02 in 2009 during the Humbug tour after mind blowing gigs at Oxygen and Malahide Castle. This wasn't awful by any means but was so lacking of energy compared two the first two gigs. They just looked thery they smoked too much weed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

As said before, Bob Dylan in 06 in Nowlan Park. Woeful! Thank feck Flaming Lips were on top form. Made the day worthwhile. In fact all the support acts were better than Dylan.

Smashing Pumpkins a few years ago at Pukkelpop too were atrocious. Sooo bad. Billy Corgan ego tripping pointless guitar solo after guitar solo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 insideout

I agree, they just didnt have the energy that they did when they were touring in the circus tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Lorcan78 wrote: »
    Kinky Friedman in vicar's street was ****e , he spent half the show talking with little or no music :mad:

personally i reckon kinky friedman talking would be a million times better than him playing music..

Advertisement