Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disability allowance pending??

• 16-12-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I was denied DA on the ground that there wasnt enough evidence. I was told to get a detailed letter from my doctor about my ilness and send it away. I did this about a month ago.

My CWO rang me yesterday to say the status of my appeal had been changed to pending and that they would be writing to me in a week or 2.

Does anyone know what this means? Does pending mean its been awarded?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Pending means that they do a further investigation into your claim and that they will decide on it again at a later stage.
    Most likely you will be called for a medical assessment with one of the department's doctors as well.
    Be prepared to wait for some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

thanks for clearing that up.

I was refused on the grounds of lack of evidence first time around, my doctor was under the impression that evidence wasn't necessary because they would call me for an assessment. They didn't. Sent in loads and loads of evidence on appeal and it was granted without assessment. It was extremely hard to keep track of, because it sat with the deciding officer for three months and they couldn't tell me anything. Phoning them in Longford might shed some light as to how far along your claim is, but really you'll just have to wait, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Thanks. I dont mind waiting as long as I know its normal for it to take so long.

Advertisement