Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What School?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

What school did you go to?
    I went to C.B.S. James St.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Is this guy for real..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Is this guy for real..?
    No he's just in your imagination. Lay off the gear;)

I went to Keirans.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pointless thread tbh

If you have no interest don't bother posting. Fairly simple!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

My education began in the library on the quay. Don't remember much about school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

ft9 wrote: »
    Problem?

My only problem is that your pointless thread is taking up valuable real estate on my monitor..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

SKC

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    My only problem is that your pointless thread is taking up valuable real estate on my monitor..!!

Why do you keep coming back if you have issues with the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

ft9 I don't mean to hijack your thread, and if you have a problem with this I won't push it. But I read this and thought it was a thread about which school would posters recommend. It would be helpful to elaborate on the schools you attended. And this could include primary schools and experiences of parents?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Most threads on boards's have a purpose, other then posting "I went to xxxx" this really doesn't have any unless your doing some sort of weird cross reference of users on the Kilkenny forum.

The very fact a few users are saying its pointless should make you think in fairness.

Jinxi wrote: »
    ft9 I don't mean to hijack your thread, and if you have a problem with this I won't push it. But I read this and thought it was a thread about which school would posters recommend. It would be helpful to elaborate on the schools you attended. And this could include primary schools and experiences of parents?

Not a problem at all. I appreciate your constructive criticism.

As i said I went to CBS, I would not have been a fan of school but the CBS was a good school.

Good teachers, half day Wednesday for sports, although there is now a different principal there and I am not sure if some things have changed.

I would highly recommend the CBS, from experience of my 6years there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

CBS made a mess,
    On the kitchen floor,
    In came the de la Salle,
    And kicked 'em out the door!!

C'mon the St. Pats!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

The quality of the vast majority of teachers in CBS was absolutely dire. Phoning it in doesn't even begin to cover it.

It's a handy school because it's central and that's about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I was involuntarily interned in a well known (and indeed highly revered) private school.

Apart from the pipe smoking workshops, peasant management seminars and daily elocution lessons, it wasn't any better than your local secondary. I had a handful of smart, enthusiastic, dedicated teachers over the years. The rest were totally incompetent, lazy and profoundly stupid. One was a chronic alcoholic and convicted drunken driver. Another had severe personality defects.

I presume any school... indeed any place of work in the country, would have a similar blend of good and bad staff so I wouldn't hold it against the establishment per se. Lots of people I know like to blame their deficiencies on the school they attended. I went to a so-called 'disadvantaged area' primary school and received a great education there, so go figure.

Advertisement