Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free: Beta of "Kart Racing Pro"

• 16-12-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

This is very good considering its a beta. Physics are the best I've seen in a kart sim attempt so far (GT5 is a joke). Wether you've raced karts compeitively or not, download it and give it a go:

http://www.kartracing-pro.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Beta5 is out now. Well worth a try. Quite a few bug fixes, some physics updates and other cool stuff like marbles that actually affect the kart. New hand gestures and ability to tuck under the steering wheel on the straights.

http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=downloads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I had a go of it today, it's good. Those go karts are pretty unforgiving.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I had a go of it today, it's good. Those go karts are pretty unforgiving.

The stock setups are a bit weird. The piboso fella is still working on the physics, intertia is still a bit off, especially in the rear. Back in the day the equivalent karts to the KS1 were doing 56's around the Mondello national Circuit, the KC1 a shade under a minute.

The stock setups are a bit weird.
    I wouldn't know any different from stock, I never have the time or patients to go messing with settings in any of these games. The only thing I did was go in a change to wet tyres once.

The one thing I find lacking in the game is a sense of speed, I got caught out in the beginning not realising I was going 50klm around corners. I notice it more when trying to take off after a spin, if you turn the wheel while trying to take off the speedo keeps going up but the kart isn't making those speed adjustments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Downloading now :) is there anyway to change the field of view, sometimes if the FOV is quite narrow it can diminish the feel of speed..

• Advertisement

You can change the FOV and the pitch, I only messed with it briefly. I was trying to get the view as seen in the first video posted but I couldn't.

Gave it a quick spin last night, have to say I was very impressed, the loading screens were a little slow, but the Kart handled exactly as I remember from my too few Kart outings.. Very impressed with the Force Feedback, the way it went light over the little crest of the track really helped with the immersion factor. Very easy to spin out though, even at low speeds, have to treat the steering wheel with kid gloves and only apply the required amount of lock otherwise round you go!!

How much is he planning to sell it for?

24 Euro...not bad..not bad...

I'd be sorely tempted to buy this only for the fact I still haven't really got the hang of this one kart on this one track. Best I can manage is 47.033.

That's round about where I am, 47 something or other maybe half a second off your time..still making a fair few mistakes though, really have to keep up the momentum with the 2 stroke engine...
    It really flies down the front straight and into turn one doesn't it? I've been driving from the steering wheel view, i'm gonna try the one where you can just see his feet, might be better.

• Advertisement

Ya the first two corners are nice, I've flipped the kart a few times on that first corner curb though.

I couldn't find the view your on about, I've turned off the wheel and driver is about as close as I can get.

It takes a while to get into it, I had to do 50 laps before I could get 5 laps of 48s in a row.

Yeah took me a couple of laps to get the "rough" hang of it. Still not quite there though, it likes to spring the occasional apex-exit snap oversteer just to piss me off.

What kart/track is setup for the demo. KC3 at Lonato I've been languishing around late 44s' on hard tyres. Might give softies a go...
    Add a couple of teeth to the back sprocket until you hit the limiter just before T1, you'll find some time with that as it will pull better out of the tighter turns.

I've been languishing around late 44s' on hard tyres. Might give softies a go...
    that's my challenge for the weekend now. If I can get near 45 I'll be happy enough.

I think this game is probably much better suited to my wheel too its a f430 it doesn't have the full rotation like the g25.

I can post my setup if you like. Its not all that special TBH but you can give it a go.
    Lonato record is a low 44 for KC3 right now, 44.3 I think.

If you like this one, kartsim promises to be even better. Beta "coming soon".
    http://www.kartsim.com/
    Its been at least 5 years in the making so we'll see what happens.

Ya do post the setup it couldn't hurt to try. Would it be harder to control a tuned kart?

Might be easier to drive TBH. I wont be home for a while, but you can try this stuff off the top of my head, see how you like it. Its pretty stable\drivable. I just went into the setup, made a rash of changes and have been driving it like this since. For better or worse :d

Hard tyres
    Ride height 2.5cm front and rear
    Rear track width 1390
    4 Seat stays in
    Brake pressure around 52 - 55%
    7deg caster
    Soft rear axle
    Seat -2.5cm vertical
    Add a couple of teeth to the bigger sprocket # like I said earlier, keep adding until you just tap the limiter into T1

Huge improvement! I only had a quick go with those settings and straight down to 46.4, Much easier to handle through the corners.

Posted a 46.711 with those settings! Fair play to ya, setting up Cars/Karts is my weakest point, glad for the help, been spending a few days on Iracing, Practice only, so only got back to the Kart Demo today.

Have to say regarding Iracing, the FFB is dead good, was warned from getting into the Spec Ford racer too soon, but its a joy to drive, nice little power slides coming out of corners.

Only done a few laps of the circuits, sticking with Lime rock as its the one I know best from Rfactor, that tire model takes a little getting used to..

Got down to 44.98 but I'm now able to consistently stay between 45-46 seconds for ten laps without crashing.

Tried using the soft tires but too many marbles on the track crashes the game for me so I had to stick to the hard.

I bought the license for the game, still haven't really made it out of testing. I tried to join a race but there's sweat FA happening at the moment, two out of only 3 servers where password protected and the one I was able to join had no one in it.

The essay track is big and fast though only had a quick go at the other karts.

• Advertisement

Beta 6 of this is out. I've been playing this a good bit, it's pretty much the only game I'm playing when I get the chance. I haven't been able to try 6 yet should hopefully get the chance later today. I have only gone on line briefly the last beta kept crashing when the dynamic track got rubbered in but that's supposed to be fixed now.

The licensed version has a lot of popular international go kart tracks available for download now as well, 49 at last count.

Advertisement