Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots, Soap & Glory sets again this year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I asked yesterday, was it today and was told "Nothing has been confirmed, we don't know ourselves" She seemed kind of cross when she was saying this to me:eek: Just checked money saving experts and it seems it will be next wednesday but I'll be passing on the way home later and may have a look...apparently boards.ie has been barred on the college computers so won't be able to check in for an update:mad: Edit - just saw the above post! So almost defo not today so won't bother looking on the way home!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Am in Grafton St store at the moment, still only 50% off ...all this particular store has is the 'yum at heart' tins (and they only have about 9 of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I read on a UK site that it hasn't started today, speculation is that it will be next Weds.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Anyone else in any store today? definitely only 50% off? such a pity was looking forward to it, there's plenty left in the Athlone store...

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Was in Blanch today and everything is still 50%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

or today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

75% sale starts tomorrow (Wednesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

Any idea of what kind of deals may be on offer tomorrow?
    scudzilla wrote: »
    75% sale starts tomorrow (Wednesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wizzy2011 wrote: »
    Any idea of what kind of deals may be on offer tomorrow?

Whatevers left over of the sale stuff

• Advertisement

Yep 75% off is today, includes what Soap & Glory they have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

I am currently sitting outside boots in jervis and it's not open yet!!! Was meant to be open at 8 am!!! I can't get in at the bargains!!!! Oh why must you mock me grrrrr

Post back and tell us what you got!!! I might try to pop to a Boots after work..if its worth going. If anyone is in Dundrum today tell us what it was like.

Soap and Glory Tins is all that were left in the range at Grafton Street earlier, €5.37 each

Picked up a No 7 Hatbox ...was €88 then €44 now €22

Both for the other half...

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Woooo got in and now am done and dusted!! Got soap and glory sets (these were flying out) one down to 11.75 and the other 5.37!!! Jamie Oliver sets, bought fcuk sports bag for himself down from 47.00 to 11.75 mini hair straightner, make up sets etc etc I had to leave haha!! Good bargains to be had tho!!

Wow..sounds good! thanks for posting back here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Just got a sanctuary box set, 8e was 34
    St tropez set 6e was 22
    Gu chocs 2e was 8.
    And got my 7.50 off no7 voucher :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭queenm

Anyone tried the Monread Store in Naas? Do they have the 75% off?

queenm wrote: »
    Anyone tried the Monread Store in Naas? Do they have the 75% off?

It is nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Just got three Soap and Glory Yum at Heart tins for 5 euro each, and frontcover blue eyed girl for 4 euro. Loads of stuff left in boots thurles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

I was in Boots Liffey Valley this morning and people were like animals. They were on a par with the Black Friday Sale videos on YouTube. Children were being bashed by baskets that adults had as they were grabbing at stuff on shelves. The staff were practically being crawled over as they brought out trolleys of goods. One woman took something out of another's basket (as she was holding it), i genuinely thought there was blood about to be shed. It was scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Theres a good selection of stuff on Grafton St and in Stephens Green - more selection on Grafton St though I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

Kajor wrote: »
    I was in Boots Liffey Valley this morning and people were like animals. They were on a par with the Black Friday Sale videos on YouTube. Children were being bashed by baskets that adults had as they were grabbing at stuff on shelves. The staff were practically being crawled over as they brought out trolleys of goods. One woman took something out of another's basket (as she was holding it), i genuinely thought there was blood about to be shed. It was scary stuff.

Had to laugh-women stealing out of others baskets sounds like carnage!hoping there'll be something left in the Childers road,limerick shop by the time I get back from work at half four!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Very small selection in Boots in Charlestown, Finglas (if anyone is planning on going there) but good lot left in Omni Park in Santry. Definitely not as good as last year… absolutely nothing in either for gents (apart from the odd novelty alarm clock). However, if you have a load of presents to buy for females that are mad into body butter / hand cream / fancy soap then you’re in business. Undoubtedly worth a look (as there are certainly bargains to be had), I just think it’s all a bit samey-samey. Meh…..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Anyone been to the one in Wilton today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Macca07 wrote: »
    Anyone been to the one in Wilton today?

Yeah - I was out there before lunch. They have a small selection down the back, and there were a few people hanging around so I couldn't really see everything that was there. But I imagine they'll be cleared out pretty quick.

Kajor wrote: »

Thats crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Wilton was rubbish, merchants quay was not bad but the new big boots was great - cant remember the name of it now. Packed this morning, doubt there is much left by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭queenm

Just by the by - NOT NATIONWIDE. No sign of it in any way shape or form in the Monread store in Naas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Went to Mahon on the way home and was a bit disapointed:( Couldn't get in ealier or into the big boots branch in Cork so wasn't expecting much. Did get 2 mini perfume sets for €6.50 each, a fcuk "man" bag, hello Kitty hand wash & lotion thingy, little hello kitty box thing, robot usb thing. Was hoping for soap & glory, more hello kitty stuff and No. 7 but I'd say they were the first things to go out the door. Usually would be well stocked with presents for the year but not this time due to not going there first thing. Going to check out the big boots in Cork on Friday and hopefully I'll get some other stuff.

Advertisement