Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots, Soap & Glory sets again this year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 maireadley

Hi all
    just back from Jervis, O Connell St. (15 minutes ago) still loads of stuff left. Got Soap and glory sets, Hair gift sets etc..was in Boots on Baggot Street and all the stock is more or less gone but loads left in Jervis. Cooking sets etc. Happy shopping tmr..It opens at 8am. Worst a visit if you have your eye on any of the Danni Minogue stuff/Ted Baker/Sanctury/candle making sets
    http://www.storelocate.co.uk/boots/dublin-jervis-shopping-centre.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got a set of Wallace and Gromit cufflinks for €2.68 in Jervis.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Galway had nothing today!!! All I got was the tea time pin cushion set and the custard cream key chain set.... Few perfume sets but everything was opened/ missing bits...

queenm wrote: »
    Just by the by - NOT NATIONWIDE. No sign of it in any way shape or form in the Monread store in Naas.

The sale is on christmas giftsets, if that particular shop are out stock. There won't be anything for you to buy.
    But the sale does apply nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Dundrum had a good bit last night, pretty much all sets I can remember from before Christmas, although no nail polish sets. I got Chilli something? eye pallets for €2.70 and a Fearne Cotton set (eye shadow, lip gloss, mascara and silver! eyliner and make up bag) for about €6.

No No 7 hatboxes, which is what I really wanted. If anyone sees them anywhere will you let me know?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I'd say you would be very lucky to pick up one of the no.7 hat boxes at this stage. They are amazing value at the €22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 beachpebble

Boots, Dundrum still have stuff and staff are still bringing things out. I was there first thing this morning, Kinda over did it... anyone who knows me , you're getting boots pressies this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

No No 7 hatboxes, which is what I really wanted. If anyone sees them anywhere will you let me know?

Cheers

They had about 4 of these in Castlebar yesterday evening ... the black and off white stripey ones originally €60something - are these the ones you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Was in Dundrum this evening and still lots there. Only bought the Celia Birtwell cat toy though! You get student discount on the 75% off too (if you are eligible) which is another 10% off the price, meaning it's 77.5% off!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Was in Boots in Henry Street today. There wasn't much left except for some Dani Minogue sets and a few other bits and bobs. Left empty handed, was a bit disappointed really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Pythia wrote: »
    Was in Dundrum this evening and still lots there. Only bought the Celia Birtwell cat toy though! You get student discount on the 75% off too (if you are eligible) which is another 10% off the price, meaning it's 77.5% off!

Boots do a student discount???? Why wasn't i told about this?? Is it just your normal college student card or do you need something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Pythia wrote: »

lots of what, pleaseee?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

S
    Mac0783 wrote: »

Boots do a student discount???? Why wasn't i told about this?? Is it just your normal college student card or do you need something else?

You the student travel card they don't take your normal student card it's great use my bf's all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Only wrote: »
    They had about 4 of these in Castlebar yesterday evening ... the black and off white stripey ones originally €60something - are these the ones you are looking for?

Yeah thats them. I'm Dublin though so Castlebars a bit too far to travel! Thanks for the heads up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was in Cork city this morning and there was hardly anything left in the Big Boots store (can't remember the name of the street:o) The staff said that they were surprised at how quickly it went this year. Word seems to have gotten around faster than ever before that it was starting on Wednesday. This time last year they still had LOADS left in that store. Managed to pick up a few things but to be honest I'm sorry I bought them now! (Mini big Tracks, some Owl pyjama/hot water bottle thing/ some maze thing) Some small men's gift sets left Ted Baker and that sort of thing The Boots on Patrick Street had a few things left too and I managed to get 2 Fcuk sets for €2.87, Soap and Glory Set for €6 and an hello Kitty bag thingy for about €5. Boots in Douglas had nothing really only Loads of those Hello Kitty hand wash and lotion sets which I think.
    The black and off white stripey No. 7 ones are the cosmetic set/bag thing not the hat box which has leaves pattern on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

uli84 wrote: »
    lots of what, pleaseee?

Lipsy, Fearne, Goo chocolate, Hello Kitty, Chilli Pepper, slippers, mini hair straighteners. Can't remember everything sorry!

Yep, they do a student discount with the student travel card. It's only that one that works because they scan something on it. It works on everything, even on offers and when you get points. The only thing I don't think it works on is when you pay in points.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Rubbish selection in Charlestown. Got myself the last Soap and Glory Heart tin thing and there was loads of No.7 crackers left with Hello Kitty bags and soap and hand cream sets. That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know if the store in the Square have any FCUK man bags left?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Anyone know what date this is happening this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

i have heard it is friday 14th, as thats the last date for a full week on half price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

i have heard it is friday 14th, as thats the last date for a full week on half price.

Great, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

This is my favourite Christmas thread :D I look forward to these sets every year. Such a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I didn't manage to get one last year but I am determined to treat myself this year :D watch out Boots, here I come.......(in a week or so natch)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Do they ever have these in the Boots in the airport? I'm flying out on Sunday the 16th. any chance of getting one then?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I dunno, The Wench seen the big bag this year and said it was a bit crap compared to previous ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do-more wrote: »
    Do they ever have these in the Boots in the airport? I'm flying out on Sunday the 16th. any chance of getting one then?

Iirc they are quite big, might be to big for carry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Davy wrote: »
    Iirc they are quite big, might be to big for carry on?

Yep, I got it for herself a few years ago and it was pretty big but I was planning to ditch the hat box (if it comes in that still?) and carrying it on in a plastic bag.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

I'm holding out for this one too - 60 Sterling, hopefully it won't cost more than 30 euro with the deal - I'll use everything except the lip gloss - the tingly sensation isn't for me.
    Soap+&+Glory+-+The+Best+Of+All.png
    "The Best Of All is a must have set for those looking for the ultimate Soap & Glory experience. At £60 this isn't cheap but you do get all of this:

The Righteous Butter Body Butter,
    Hand Food Hand Cream,
    Sugar Crush Body Scrub,
    Clean On Me Shower Gel,
    Smoothie Star Body Milk,
    Heel Genius Foot Mask,
    Peaches & Clean Cleansing Milk,
    Super-Colour Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumper in Punch Bowl,
    Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara.

Phew! It is a perfect present for any Soap & Glory fan, and it is also an ideal gift if you want to convert someone into being a S&G fan 'cause I doubt there is a (female) person out there who wouldn't like it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Do-more wrote: »

liquids-how to bring it on the return flight??????:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got it for the girlfriend every year for the past 2 - 3 years..

.. probably will pick it up again this year so.

Advertisement