Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots, Soap & Glory sets again this year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Word is that the Soap and Glory will be £25 in UK so hopefully €30 here! Still not sure will I get it but I do get sucked in by all the hype every year! Its sure to be a good seller but from reading online I reckon it has lost a bit of the momentum from previous years.
    If anyone is getting the No. 7 remember to ask for the free gift as the sales assistant told me they were told not to give them out unless customers asked! If they say no, just say you read on the boots site that it was free and you know a few people who got it already. It does scan in with the gift set as free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Does anyone know if it's worth getting The No7 Ultimate Collection if you can't get the free gift, is it still good value at €40?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Thats wrong because both times they where in store and where the main soap and glory gift set like the above one

Really? :confused: I could have sworn the year I got the hat box that it wasn't in stock already.. Maybe you're right though, just wishful thinking on my part :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Only reason I remember is I went to buy the first one but forgot to get it then seen it reduced and got it delighted then next year I knew the big bag was going be reduced so waited but in saying that aint seen the one above in the boots near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Wish my brothers would get me this Soap and Glory box!

• Advertisement

I think last years was a better set. They seem to be skimping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ilikepears

lindtee wrote: »
    Word is that the Soap and Glory will be £25 in UK so hopefully €30 here! Still not sure will I get it but I do get sucked in by all the hype every year! Its sure to be a good seller but from reading online I reckon it has lost a bit of the momentum from previous years.
    If anyone is getting the No. 7 remember to ask for the free gift as the sales assistant told me they were told not to give them out unless customers asked! If they say no, just say you read on the boots site that it was free and you know a few people who got it already. It does scan in with the gift set as free.

Thats really annoying. I bought soap and glory 3 for 2 offer yesterday. They had a sign up saying free bag when you buy the 3 for 2. But the sales assistant didn't give me one when I was paying. I know it was only a bag but that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

I just bought the no7 set and I was told the free gift wasn't included. I argued and eventually she caved in and went to get the free gift for me but they were out of stock in Dundrum ggrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Anyone know if they have the chanel deal in Stephens Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Popsy wrote: »
    I just bought the no7 set and I was told the free gift wasn't included. I argued and eventually she caved in and went to get the free gift for me but they were out of stock in Dundrum ggrrrrrr

They had none in Jervis when I bought the gift set, went up to rathmines on way home and got one no problem...Just showed my receipt and girl got one for me....

Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

mad m wrote: »

They had none in Jervis when I bought the gift set, went up to rathmines on way home and got one no problem...Just showed my receipt and girl got one for me....

Happy days.
    Did you notice if they had the set there. Didnt see it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ladycam

Sent my other half to Blanchardstown to get me one, told him not to forget free gift. The girl said there was none:mad:
    He is useless:o, would never fight his corner. Must get receipt and try somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

i picked up the no7 set in omni in santry just as you walk in they are stacked up and the free gift is with them all attached to the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

if there are any other lads reading this, the wimmins love this set. Got herself one last year and she loved it. Just saying like ;):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Every shop I've called in Dublin says they have no free gifts left with The No7 Ultimate Collection, but they still have plenty of the sets WTF??? Are they lying to me :mad:

livEwirE wrote: »
    Every shop I've called in Dublin says they have no free gifts left with The No7 Ultimate Collection, but they still have plenty of the sets WTF??? Are they lying to me :mad:

I'd say they are! Although saying that the first place I tried was out of the free gift. If you are near a boots that some one here has successfully gotten the gift, go there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Apologies if this has been posted already because I haven't time to read the whole thread. Millfield Shopping Centre in Balbriggan posted this on their Facebook wall earlier today: -

This weeks Star Gift at Boots is Soap & Glory Big Splendour.
    This fabulous tote bag contains ten of Soap & Glory's most fantastic face and body products.
    Better than HALF PRICE. WAS €81 NOW €30. Offer starts Friday 16th December until Christmas Eve while stock last.

It doesn't say if the offer is across the board in Boots stores but if you're really interested it might be worth checking your local store.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

I'd say they are! Although saying that the first place I tried was out of the free gift. If you are near a boots that some one here has successfully gotten the gift, go there!

You should ask about the free gift first while browsing the no7 makeup.....if they say yes we have lots left...pick up the 40euro set;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

SeaFields wrote: »
    if there are any other lads reading this, the wimmins love this set. Got herself one last year and she loved it. Just saying like ;):cool:
    Lol :D Be careful though..

Ive gotten the last 3 xmas "boxes" and loved them, but im kinda over it now. I hate their face wipes,the shower puff was too big and the "mother plucking" lip gloss was way too drying, but love their shower/bath cream/body lotion stuff. I used most things in last years set except the face wipes (they cleaned the bathtroom hand basin :o) and the shower puff. I need a change..and the No.7 range is looking good.

Lucky my sister works and Boots so i just need to drop a few subtle hints:p

Agreed anniehoo! If any of lads here can stretch to it for their loved one, I'd go for both the no 7. and the Soap and Glory set. Mega Brownie points!! I think the No. 7 is so good I've dropped hints for another one as a Christmas present. In fact if I got a 3rd I wouldn't really be complaining! The Protect and Perfect moisturisers go for around €31.50 each alone. Someone on another forum priced all the products in a store and it came to over €120! Seems like they actually are running out of stock of the free gift in a lot of stores though. (def out of stock in Midleton, Wilton (Cork) and Swords.) Last day for the no. 7 box is today.
    I've decided after much deliberation to go for a Soap and Glory set too! Even though like Anniehoo, I'm over it for the most part, it wouldn't seem like Christmas without it:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Sorry for being lazy but can anyone tell me what the free gift with the No. 7 set actually is?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Agreed anniehoo! If any of lads here can stretch to it for their loved one, I'd go for both the no 7. and the Soap and Glory set. Mega Brownie points!! I think the No. 7 is so good I've dropped hints for another one as a Christmas present. In fact if I got a 3rd I wouldn't really be complaining! The Protect and Perfect moisturisers go for around €31.50 each alone. Someone on another forum priced all the products in a store and it came to over €120! Seems like they actually are running out of stock of the free gift in a lot of stores though. (def out of stock in Midleton, Wilton (Cork) and Swords.) Last day for the no. 7 box is today.
    I've decided after much deliberation to go for a Soap and Glory set too! Even though like Anniehoo, I'm over it for the most part, it wouldn't seem like Christmas without it:pac:

It's not out of stock in Swords, I was there last night and they had a wall of them beside the tills.

Ginny wrote: »
    It's not out of stock in Swords, I was there last night and they had a wall of them beside the tills.
    Read that on another forum, sorry:o They actually could get some new stock in so its worth ringing around.
    Sorry for being lazy but can anyone tell me what the free gift with the No. 7 set actually is?
    10133223?wid=154&hei=195
    Contains - 5ml beauty serum, 10 ml hand cream, Mascara, eyeshadow, glitter eye liner and lipgloss in a little bag. It is VERY little though!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone know if boots in Omni have the num 7 .heading over there soon .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

thegame wrote: »
    i picked up the no7 set in omni in santry just as you walk in they are stacked up and the free gift is with them all attached to the box.

Shardylan , this was posted yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Is No. 7 make-up of decent quality? The wife is always complaining about shíte cheap make-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Karen23 wrote: »
    thegame wrote: »

Shardylan , this was posted yesterday.

Let's hope they still have them .Will post later .Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Sorry if it's been answered before but, is this €40 No7 set (with the free gift) part of the 3 for 2 offer?

Also, is it still the set to go for; over the Soap & Glory one?

Fnz wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been answered before but, is this €40 No7 set (with the free gift) part of the 3 for 2 offer?

Also, is it still the set to go for; over the Soap & Glory one?

Not part of the 3 for 2, and in my opinion yes I would much prefer it as a present over the Soap and Glory one which doesn't seem as good as previous years ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Is No. 7 make-up of decent quality? The wife is always complaining about shíte cheap make-up.
    Id consider No.7 products middle of the road and they have a lot of lovely stuff. Put it like this i wouldnt be disappointed receiving their xmas set as a present.

Advertisement