Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I get GT5?

• 16-12-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

I know its an annoying and unfair question but

I'm an old fella (middle aged)
    I have a decent PC with a G27 and have been messing around with iRacing.
    I have a TrackIR unit (5.0 pro)
    If I were to get GT5 I would also have to get a PS3 (I'd be happy enough with a second hand unit)
    I kinda like sim racing and and looking for a hobby for the winter.

So from the above, should I get this game that everyone is talking about ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Meh, spend the money on a cockpit or another two screens. Plenty of good sims for the PC. I'd give GT5 a miss personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭dnme

Yeah, I went about building my own cockpit, actually bought a car seat from a car seat from a breakers yard. The seat has been sitting here for the past two months, I can't seem to get anything going.

I have been on to a few cockpit suppliers asking if they would sell the frame only, no seat needed as I could use the one I already have. So far no joy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

GT5 is mediocre at best from what im hearing from those in the know.
    Far superior sims out there on pc.
    Stick with iracing and nkpro,light years ahead of anything else.
    Then the usual suspect like rfactor,GTR series,LFS,Race series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

if you can find a used ps3 cheap then its definitly worth it considering you have the wheel already. the standard cars are the only slight dissapointment but the handling is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

dnme wrote: »
    Yeah, I went about building my own cockpit, actually bought a car seat from a car seat from a breakers yard. The seat has been sitting here for the past two months, I can't seem to get anything going.

I have been on to a few cockpit suppliers asking if they would sell the frame only, no seat needed as I could use the one I already have. So far no joy.

Checkout www.thewayiplay.com for ideas. The microsim racebase is good, I think they charge $9 for the plans now, but they are pretty complete.

• Advertisement
Advertisement